The Hods Brew Shed Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Can't wait to see the end product!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Day 16 (kind of) - finished all of the cladding on Friday. Made a serious dent into finishing the insulation and getting on with the second fix. Managed to get the power supply cable glanced and the dist board mounted.

Guttering and finishing the electrics is the plan for the week. Might even get the worktop and ceiling up too if I’m lucky.

View attachment IMG_3698.jpgView attachment IMG_3699.jpgView attachment IMG_3700.jpgView attachment IMG_3696.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok everyone I’m really sorry but I haven’t been able to post some updates as I’ve been working way too much.

As an update I have managed to get the guttering in, and I’ve also built up the working surface area and made a start on putting in the over head storage and fitting the sockets.

I’m hoping that this weekend I will get the ceiling up and lights in.

I’m also hoping to be able to judge this months homebrew comp from the brew shed. And maybe even do the result via my you tube channel.

I promise to get some pics up soon. It’s getting there [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Just been sitting reading the whole thread in one hit.
That's a brilliant job you have done there and you should be very proud of yourself. Just goes to show what can be achieved when one puts their mind to it.
Well done you. :thumb:

I'm off up the garden to go and sit in one of my sheds and think about what can be done.:):lol:

Yup, that is the dogs danglies that is, can't wait to see the end result especially the brew side.

Just been sitting reading the whole thread in one hit.

That's a brilliant job you have done there and you should be very proud of yourself. Just goes to show what can be achieved when one puts their mind to it.

Well done you. :thumb:

I'm off up the garden to go and sit in one of my sheds and think about what can be done.:):lol:

I’m actually back out here today getting the final fix electrics done today.

Hadn’t got much done during the week this week as that annoying thing called work got in the way......

I’ve finished the work bench and upper cladding of the insulation too. Also put in the start of the overhead storage for grains and stuff. View attachment IMG_3708.jpgView attachment IMG_3709.jpgView attachment IMG_3710.jpgView attachment IMG_3698.jpgIt’s toasty in here even though it blowing a gale outside.

All going to plan electrics finished today and then finish the boarding of the ceiling and cut out the down light holes.

We’re on the home straight now.....

View attachment IMG_3706.jpgView attachment IMG_3707.jpg

Looks like someone's been shopping at screwfix Hoddy. Now your just showing off with your lap USB sockets lol.

I'm only kiding mate I'm jealous I've just got round to putting a feed to my shed the other day. Only spurred off the kitchen ring so 13amp max, it's to small to brew in there anyway but at least I can see where my mash tun and keggles are hiding.

Looks like someone's been shopping at screwfix Hoddy. Now your just showing off with your lap USB sockets lol.

I'm only kiding mate I'm jealous I've just got round to putting a feed to my shed the other day. Only spurred off the kitchen ring so 13amp max, it's to small to brew in there anyway but at least I can see where my mash tun and keggles are hiding.

Yeah I’ve got an electrifix trade account as I’m a qualified sparky (even though I don’t spark anymore) so with the discounts it’s too good not to.

And as I’m going to be using it as an office to work from home I need the worktop to double as a good desk space.

I’ve got a temporary tap into the downstairs ring that I’m going to do that will give me 18amp FLC to brew with until I build the extension. Then I’ll put in a dedicated 30amp feeder just for the brew shed.

Day (I’ve lost count) - really productive day as the “inside” is now kinda “finished” in a way.

All boarded out now, ceilings finished and lights in. All the electrics are complete too, just got to make the connection into the house supply.

Need to do a mega clean up tho as there is saw dust everywhere!!!

View attachment IMG_3711.jpgView attachment IMG_3712.jpgView attachment IMG_3713.jpgView attachment IMG_3714.jpgView attachment IMG_3715.jpgView attachment IMG_3716.jpgView attachment IMG_3717.jpgView attachment IMG_3718.jpgView attachment 1

Hoddy have you finished this now, would be nice to see it all set up with your equipment!

It’s kinda finished. But I haven’t really been able to get on with the interior as much as I would like. A couple of quick pics of where I’ve got to below.

View attachment IMG_1510.jpgView attachment IMG_1511.jpg

Plus the storage shed side is filling up [emoji6]

View attachment IMG_5617.jpg

I’ve still gotta put the work top on and lay a floor. And most likely paint the walls, or varnish them. I’ve done two brew days in it and I’ve found a few snags around ventilation during boiling that I need to nail too.

As well as replacing the counter top fridge (fermentation chamber) for a full height fridge so I can accommodate a new fermentasaurus [emoji6]

The things that’s been holding me up is building this and laying the new floor, and painting the LivingRoom for Xmas. A last minute decision on renovation and deadline courtesy of she who shall be obeyed.

View attachment IMG_5663.jpg

Back