Wilko Sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maffa

Regular.
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I popped in on the off chance to my local Wilko's yesterday and noticed all 1 can kits and accessories were up to 30% off. From memory:
1 can kits from £8
1kg dextrose £2
1kg Beer enhancer £3
Bottle tops, spoons, bottle clearners etc all reduced by about 30%

Not sure if its a national sale but worth a look if you're walking past. :hat:

Balls, meaning to go all week to get a Wherry kit, but with the **** weather and no lunch breaks this week I hadn't got there.

Ah well, next time maybe.

I picked up a kit and a bag of brewing sugar (both currently bubbling away nicely, thank-you). The sugar was down to £1.60 from £2.20 but the 'Two for £4' sticker was still on the shelf, so be careful when you get to the tills if you are buying more than 1.

Just checked on-line and they have some items reduced by a couple of quid mostly their own brands. Wherry down to £19 from £21.

This may be a local to your shop sale. I don't know how they organize sales as there is not a Wilko's in my area.

I tried the Wilkos lager kit. Just tapped the keg today and while its completely drinkable and had good head retention and body, its flavorless. My (limited) experience so far with home brewing has been that you have to invest in a mid - high priced kit to get good taste.

LeithR said:
Just checked on-line and they have some items reduced by a couple of quid mostly their own brands. Wherry down to £19 from £21.

This may be a local to your shop sale. I don't know how they organize sales as there is not a Wilko's in my area.

Looking at these 'reduced ' prices many of them seem to have been put up to a higher price than before the sale and then the current reductions have taken them down to the pre-sale price. Not really bargains at the moment. Luckily I got some stuff whilst the sale was on.

Dave

Wilkinsons golden ale has gone up to £22.00. It had been £17.00 for months and that wasnt the sale price. Thats a massive price rise. I feel like e mailing them!

Mattbaird said:
I tried the Wilkos lager kit. its flavorless.

I think your problem is the lager bit. Try an ale and be pleasantly surprised :thumb: Failing that get some hops or pellets to drop in half way through brewing, they all add flavour.

I picked up a pressure barrel in the sale as I have a kit thats well overdue to be bottled/kegged.

A quick question.....This will be the first time i've used the keg method (usually bottle but dont have time with this one) and I was wondering if the ale (Milestone Dark Galleon) would be ok in the pressure barrel if I simply batch prime with brewing sugar?

Since I bought the barrel i've noticed that you can also get the CO2 injector....Will I need these as well or will priming be ok?

If you buy online and submit the code HOMEBREW25 you will get a 25% discount off all homebrew items in the basket. Work for me yesterday evening

Latest posts

Back