Total Beer Stupidity,,,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a supervisor continually measuring a section of wall in a warehouse then looking in a catalogue and scratching his head...
I asked what's up...he explained he needed to order racking to fit the wall...
I looked in the catalogue. .racking came in 4 ft bays...I measured the wall. .12 ft. There is said,you need three of those....
He said they wouldn't fit properly as there was 10 inches in a foot....

And there's some clowns at our works who haven't got a clue how beer is made and from what, yet they insist that Stella Artois is the proper stuff and mine is no doubt rubbish cos it's home-made. As an experienced brewer, I think they have no right to say that.

Thing is everyone agreed home made cakes etc are better than the supermarket shop bought ones so why they don’t think the same with home made beer. Like you say it’s the advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thing is everyone agreed home made cakes etc are better than the supermarket shop bought ones so why they don’t think the same with home made beer. Like you say it’s the advertising.

That’s probably the best comparison I’ve heard!

I always get the “home brew is like rocket fuel” comments. They seem genuinely shocked when I tell them I generally stay within the 4-5% range (give or take a couple of %points) and I make the same beer styles that I’d drink in the pub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ye I didn't think of it like that. Maybe it's cos they're all lager drinkers - I reckon ale drinkers would be somewhat more interested in me homebrew. At least 'the lads' can be reassured that they're being expensively ripped off for a possibly inferior product. Do I sound like a beer snob? Hope not - we all know which we'd genuinely prefer, right?

According to Frank Zappa 'Stupidity' is the commonest element in the universe. It certainly seems like it some days. :whistle:

My dear late mother and I once had a conversation;

Me: "Mum, I've decided to become a vegetarian, for health reasons."*
Mam: "Well, you'll have to give up drinking beer now then won't you."
Me: "Errmm.. why mam?"
Mam: "Well beer has got meat in it hasn't it?"
Me: "No mam, there's no meat in beer."
Mam: "Are you sure?"

I did wonder if she was talking about finings, but no, she genuinely believed a key ingredient in beers was a chunk of meat.

*I was for 32 years, but am no longer...

I watched a supervisor continually measuring a section of wall in a warehouse then looking in a catalogue and scratching his head...
I asked what's up...he explained he needed to order racking to fit the wall...
I looked in the catalogue. .racking came in 4 ft bays...I measured the wall. .12 ft. There is said,you need three of those....
He said they wouldn't fit properly as there was 10 inches in a foot....

He must have worked on a offshore drilling rig previously as the drillers measuring tape is marked as 10"/ft. Its an American thing to make it easier in calculating drill strings

It's funny isn't it -
Homemade food - good. Factory made food - bad.
Homegrown veg. - good. Farmed veg. - bad.
Homemade jumpers - good. Factory jumpers - rubbish.
but
Homebrew - bad. chemical s**t - good.
Homemade clothes - bad. Sweatshop - good.

Basically people are idiots.
Though I'm confused, I appear to be agreeing with Mr. Gunge.

Back