If you're thinking of going AG .............

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
If you're thinking of going over to AG ............ :idea:

I've just done my 2nd and had a very enjoyable day :thumb:

It ain't that difficult, just follow the tips given on this forum and give it a blast :party: if I can do it :oops: it certainly ain't rocket science :ugeek: yup theres a few odd bits of kit you need, but thats part of the fun, my mash tun was my worry ............

but it works brilliantly, should've got a Blue Peter badge :lol:

just wish someone could train me up in patience though, hanging around waiting for it to ferment and then condition is the hardest bit :oops: :whistle: :cheers:

just wait till you try it baz :thumb:

:drink: :drink: :drink:

get yourself another FV and start planning next weeks brew - how about the forum xmas brew? something dark and strong for those cold winter evenings :lol:

Baz Chaz said:
just wish someone could train me up in patience though,

heh heh ... I just went to my cellar (ummm shed) to get a beer and looked at the ale I bottled yesterday... I stood there wondering what it was like, had to tear myself away. I'll have to leave it a week!

well, another couple of days :roll:

Best, enjoyable, money saving hobby in the world.......

You'll be the captain of a HERMS system soon. ;)

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Best, enjoyable, money saving hobby in the world.......

You'll be the captain of a HERMS system soon. ;)

BB

I looked at the shiney place you posted :clap: ....... and had to take myself away and give myself a good talking to :nono: you're a wicked man BB tempting a poor helpless individual like me, newly crossed over to the dark side and finding ............ it's bloody good fun :party:

I have my second planned for this weekend,

I know what you mean about having to wait!!!

I may have 1 bottle left after a 12 week conditioning of 23L!

......and never give up on a beer.

I've had a pale ale flavoured with elderflower sat in a corny for a couple of months, that I thought was just a bad brew.
Well I'm out of kegged stout and want to keep my bottled stout for xmas, so gave the pale another try and its bliddy good if I say so myself.

I went out today and got all I need to build a boiler. 60l fv and two Tesco kettles, will get the pipework I need over the next few days.
Also got a digi thermometer.
I did have a little plan before I went and so I went ahead and bought some ingredients:

6kg of Maris Otter
500g of Crystal Malt
100g Challenger
100g Styrian Golding
Safale S04

(obviously not all the hops are going in :shock: )

I saw the recipe for Bouncing Squirrel and thought this should be AG#1 as it looks quite simple. They didn't have Fuggles hence the slight tweak.
This will be BIAB so should I change the quantities at all or just stick with it and see what happens?
Everything was put in the fv to transport home and when I lifted the lid the smell even from sealed bags of grain was incredible.
To say I can't wait to try is an understatement. I never thought I could get so excited over some bags of grain :D

I'd put your recipe on a new thread if I were you and ask for comments, thats what I did and some of the guys who've been at it a while will see it and offer better advice than I can give :thumb:

but good luck with your first brew :!: I know exactly what you mean about the excitement bit :lol:

Baz Chaz said:
I'd put your recipe on a new thread if I were you and ask for comments, thats what I did and some of the guys who've been at it a while will see it and offer better advice than I can give :thumb:

but good luck with your first brew :!: I know exactly what you mean about the excitement bit :lol:

Thanks,

I may well do that I just hate starting new threads lol!

highwayman said:
and of course when your mates have a drink ..and they can't believe you've made it :clap:
That applies to beer and wine. I almost find it offensive when people have preconceptions that homebrew is going to be sh1te, but enjoy the reaction when they discover it's not only drinkable but pretty bloody good.

It's something like:
:eek: Homebrew? :nono: :sick: :hmm: :pray: :drink: :shock: :thumb: :clap: :cheers: :party: :drunk:

Moley said:
It's something like:
:eek: Homebrew? :nono: :sick: :hmm: :pray: :drink: :shock: :thumb: :clap: :cheers: :party: :drunk:

Excellent, its like a bedtime story :D

Moley said:
I almost find it offensive when people have preconceptions that homebrew is going to be sh1te, but enjoy the reaction when they discover it's not only drinkable but pretty bloody good.

It's something like:

Couldn`t agree more - some AG beers and a few bottles of wurzels (and my house apricot wine ;) )) changes peoples opinions and then you tell them how much it didn`t cost ;)

unclepumble said:
If Only I could get away with making this into a border paper for the lounge, :D :whistle:

UP
I once had an 'experience' where someone's bamboo wallpaper started blowing in the breeze. Kept me fascinated for (what seemed like) hours.
:shock:

Back