500ml glass bottles and carbonation drops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim1975

Reaction score
Hi - I went a bought some brown glass bottles (prefer drinking from glass than plastic) and bought the caps and a capping tool, all good there. What I am slightly confused about is how many carbonation drops to use, they state 2 for 750ml bottles would it be overkill and risk bottle exploding if I use 2 in 500ml glass bottles? Cheers :thumb:

Just one should be fine.

Not sure if I'm reading your intent correctly or not tho, you don't want to be drinking home brew directly from the bottle, you need to pour it (carefully) to a glass in one go to prevent the sediment being mixed up with the beer.

Just one should be fine.

Not sure if I'm reading your intent correctly or not tho, you don't want to be drinking home brew directly from the bottle, you need to pour it (carefully) to a glass in one go to prevent the sediment being mixed up with the beer.

I will be pouring into a glass but I always think beer that has sat in glass tastes better than beer from cans or bottles :thumb:

Hi... I have had the same conundrum! I've used one per 500ml bottle and it's been fine.
Cheer

A tip I read on here the the other day was to grab a handful of sugar sachets from the likes of McDonalds and add one per bottle :) I prefer to batch prime though if bottling, There are plenty of calculators on the net and probably here.

Jay

Back