john bull, traditional enlish ale??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomaniac

Reaction score
anyone tried this?? .. bought a can today for £6, cant seem to find this particular one antwhere....

Haven't done this one ,but if you'd like something with plenty of body try adding a 1.5k tin of Coopers light or amber malt extract to it , in my opinion it's well worth the extra cost.

beerguzzler8518 said:
Was my first kit. Did it with a bag of brown sugar.

Not too shabby at all really.
cheers... good to hear...

ive got a bag of muntons beer kit enhancer, gonna use that in it, so hopefully itll turn out nice....

quick update on this.... had it in the barrel for about a month, then stuck the barrel in the fridge in the garage, left for a week to chill.....

this is a very nice ale to drink, i have a co2 injector, so had to add another blast as there wasnt much fizz after the first 3 pints.... maybe more priming sugar needed??...

its a lovely golden brown colour and goes down extremely nicely, having a quiet night in last night i sank about 5 pints between falling asleep on the settee, only problem i have had was turning the keg tap the wrong way, so lost about half a pint on the garage floor...boohoo....

i will most likely give it another go, but will try my wherry first before i decide...

ill try that, tastes lovely as is... but its a good excuse to fill a jug and leave on the coffee table...lol... yehhhh

got lager and champers in there too, needs to be cold.... ill just leave it out , itll be fine... ta

Thats great to read I have a can of that to brew which I shall get under way in a few days as I'm trying to get ahead of myself so that the beers have a proper chance to mature a bit before I drink them.

well, this one i actually prefer chiled from the fridge, but have to admit it does get a better taste at the bottom of the glass as its warmed slightly by my hand....

Back