Festival Golden Stag Summer Ale Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really glad to hear about how impressed you are with the Old Suffolk Ale kit....so Much so I might get mine going on Sunday.

:cheers:

Hi All,
I did the Pilgrims Hope Kit 6 weeks ago, I bottled 40 pints and needless to say I have only 10 bottles left. Me, wifey and friends all agree that this is an amazing kit, in fact my mate could'nt believe that this was homebrew, needless to say he went out and brought a homebrew set up just to brew this kit. I have just bottled 40 pints of the Golden Stag and can't wait for the first sample. Btw I have bought another Pilgrims Hope kit and I will be buying the rest of the kits in this range. I would give these kits 10/10.

PS These kits are on offer at just £22.99 in Bulwell Notts :hat:

Stick a new revue in then mate.
I've got the Father hooks to do next. I wanted to do the Suffolk but I'm a bit fussy with darker ales. :nah:

Took a trip to brew2bottle in Northwich today, the shop owner had these kits brewed and ready to taste, all of them where fantastic this and the Suffolk ale where the best!

I thought the Suffolk Old was a nice drink but now as I've tried the London Porter, I would say it's by far the nicest pint I've ever had, and that includes from any pub. :cheers:

Although I'm new to brewing my own beer, I don't think I'll bother trying lots of other kits, I'm going to stick with the Festival ones plus maybe have another decent one like a Woodforde's.

Drink the Woodforde's as the undercoat and then finish off with a pint of Festival as the gloss. :drink:

I have just cracked open a bottle of Golden Stag after only being in the bottle for a week in the warm, the instrutions say 2 before going in the cold storage, it is already a very nice drink and easily the best kit I've made so far tho this is only 8 or 9 lol it is very hoppy and to be honest I've tasted worse in a pub,a lot worse. definitely similar to hopping hare.
Gonna try the Suffolk strong in this range next

Brought and made this kit up yesterday, it's happily bubbling away in the FV ATM!

The reviews of this kit sound great, looking forward to this one!

This is what my golden stag looks like after only 11 days in the bottle and a couple of hours in the fridge, it's well carbonated, cleared well already and very hoppy in taste and absolutely no "twang " :D
All in all fantastic :thumb: :cheers:

I know but for some reason it wouldn't load the photo direct from my phone, either that or I'm a complete technophobe :wha:
trust me its a nice pint :thumb:

thats the main thing !

I have to get my Old Suffolk ale started on Sunday

simo72 said:
This is what my golden stag looks like after only 11 days in the bottle and a couple of hours in the fridge, it's well carbonated, cleared well already and very hoppy in taste and absolutely no "twang " :D
All in all fantastic :thumb: :cheers:
Hello I know it is all down to individual taste but try sampling your brew at 12 cent. I think (my opinion) it is the correct temp. for quaffing Real Ale

My opinion is they're better if not too cold. Mine come in from my cold shed & drunk. Yum. :drink:

I don't usually drink ales straight from the fridge but this was still being stored at 20 deg so just popped it in to cool a bit.
I am thinking of trying the suffolk next so let me know this it turns out

Have just added the hop pellets to my FV, god they smell incredible!!!

Have never used hop pellets before this kit, I absolutely adore the smell! Yum yum yum!

What type of hops are these? The smell reminds me of a couple of ales I've had at festivals.

I'm guessing goldings, mostly because they are the only type I know of!

Learnt two new varieties of hops! :cheers:

Smells lovely!

Just cracked open a bottle of Purity - Mad Goose, the smell of cascade!!

Hi all
I was also impressed with contents in the box. Started today the Old Suffolk Strong Ale and hope it turns out a great beer so I can try some of the others.
Cheers :-)

I made this kit a couple of months ago and was very impressed with it. The hops added towards the end of the fermentation really made a difference. I drank the whole keg in about 2 weeks! :whistle:

Back