dealing with a cornie brew ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chastuck said:
rpt said:
Can you use a cornie keg with a handpump? That might be a really stupid question!
Yes - I do. My handpump is a false beer engine. It has a cylinder, but this is a small hydraulic one merely to simulate the feel and sound of a traditional hand pull. The 'pull' opens a valve similar to a keg tap. As soon as you stop pulling the valve closes automatically.
Does it produce a pub style real ale pint or is it more like keg beer? Also, if you use nitrogen don't you get smoothflow rubbish?

rpt said:
chastuck said:
rpt said:
Can you use a cornie keg with a handpump? That might be a really stupid question!
Yes - I do. My handpump is a false beer engine. It has a cylinder, but this is a small hydraulic one merely to simulate the feel and sound of a traditional hand pull. The 'pull' opens a valve similar to a keg tap. As soon as you stop pulling the valve closes automatically.
Does it produce a pub style real ale pint or is it more like keg beer? Also, if you use nitrogen don't you get smoothflow rubbish?
I don't use nitrogen, so can't comment. The type of pint you get depends how much gas you put in. I never go above 15psi, so my pints are not too gassy.

Latest posts

Back