King Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wurge

Reaction score
Hello all - I have been given what appears to be an old king keg with some sort of float valve in. I am finding it difficult wo find out what it does and how I do it? C02 charger kit? Help!

I dont really brew beer either, was thinking of putting ginger been in, but I like it chilled. Are they worth selling?

The float valve plugs into a length of plastic tubing and what looks like a reducer fitting in the back of the tap inside the keg. The Keg gets its pressure from the CO2 valve in the lid of the keg and there are two sorts. One has a pin inside the middle of the screw fitting and is for the little soda bulb type CO2 injector, the other sort is a s-30 and is for the larger screw down type CO2 cannister (liek the old soda stream refill bottles)

The keg can be used for ginger beer providing you prime the barrel as you put the GB in as the injector top valve is more for keeping pressure than producing carbonation to start with. This time of year if it's kept in a garage or shed you should be able to get reasonably cold pints out of it, or you add some ice in the glass for a colder drink.

boozy_shoes said:
The float valve plugs into a length of plastic tubing and what looks like a reducer fitting in the back of the tap inside the keg. The Keg gets its pressure from the CO2 valve in the lid of the keg and there are two sorts. One has a pin inside the middle of the screw fitting and is for the little soda bulb type CO2 injector, the other sort is a s-30 and is for the larger screw down type CO2 cannister (liek the old soda stream refill bottles)

The keg can be used for ginger beer providing you prime the barrel as you put the GB in as the injector top valve is more for keeping pressure than producing carbonation to start with. This time of year if it's kept in a garage or shed you should be able to get reasonably cold pints out of it, or you add some ice in the glass for a colder drink.

Amazing thank you very much!

Edindie said:
Also, you'll get £20+ for it on ebay if you sell it.

Depends on condition really. I find I trust my 20 year old KK far more than the newer ones-the older ones seem to be more sturdy & built to a different spec IMHO. They can be troublesome,but once mastered are lovely to use.

New seals would be advisable.

Back