Bulldog Brews Bad Cat Imperial Red

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Just ordered this kit from amazon. It’s the only one I could get hold of. I’ve noted all the stuff about sweaty feet. I’ll ferment mine
Round the
18-20 degree mark when it arrives. I’ve also ordered a corney keg. Can you leave in one for around three wEeks TIL the beer is near ready.

I've had this kit in a tall Wilko FV since the 24th it's constantly bubbling. I hope it doesn't take a month in the FV !

Mark.

Just bought this, been fermenting for a few days now. This will be my first beer!

When should i add the hops?

Thanks

The instructions I have is 1-2 days before you bottle on the bad cat kit.

The hops are in a teabag, put the teabags into a small bowl / large mug and pour boiling water on stir and leave at least 10 mins , after at least 10min gently pour in the teabags and liquid into the fermentation vessel.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

New to this so it was the 1 to 2 days before bottling that I am not sure on.

Can I wait for fermentation to stop. Then add in the hops for 1-2 days and then bottle?

Thanks

I would leave the brew in the bucket for 14 days and put the hop / teabags / liquid in on the 11th day and bottle on the 14th day.

Mark

Thanks that helps alot.

Adding the hops today ^.^

For priming thinking half a teaspoon for a 330ml and a teaspoon for a pint bottle (cane sugar). Does that sound reasonable to you?

Thanks that helps alot.

Adding the hops today ^.^

For priming thinking half a teaspoon for a 330ml and a teaspoon for a pint bottle (cane sugar). Does that sound reasonable to you?

That sounds reasonable for a ruby ale, if you find it's not as fizzy as you like, on the next batch you can increase it slightly but If you do don't go mad as bottles can explode if over primed.

Once primed and bottled keep in
Warm place for a week or so and then store somewhere colder.

This is a strong beer that gets better with age so your last bottle will taste better than your first !

Enjoy

Mark

I

Hi all 😊
I’m about to start off this bad cat brew ( been looking forward to this !
Any advice that could help me would be very much appreciated
Glynn

Hi Glynn,

The malt comes in a plastic bladder pack, the plastic can handle boiling water, so if you are very careful you can quarter fill the bladder with boiling water , put the lid back on shake it about and release all the left over malt then pour it into your fermentation vessel.

The kit is very easy to do , clean vessel spoon etc pour in malt , put in water stir top up stir again top up again , if temp is between 16-22c add yeast close up add air lock wait 11 days , make hop tea and add to fermentation vessel reseal wait another 3 days and you should be ready to bottle.

The above is abridged but is basically what you have to do.

Have a good read up on the forum, take your time and enjoy.

Mark

Back