Brewferm Abdij

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... 6 days in from start, and things are stable at 1010 at least its been there for the last 36 hours. Now this is meant to be bottling SG... so do I still let it sit for 2 weeks, or should I bottle now? There seems to be a lot of experience here with this kit, so hoping I'm not just a freak ;)

If I recall wasn't it up to 2 weeks in the secondary?. if you've reached bottling gravity and the reading is stable keeping it in there will be fine.

when bottling use a plastic bottle to test carbonation and then when nice and firm hide all the other bottles for 6 months or so :-)

I think the beer gods would let you try the carbonation tester tho ;-)

Thanks, I'll leave it in the secondary now then for 2 weeks to clear... Not sure I can hold out 6 months though.. Christmas maybe :)

Bottled everything on Friday, and there was just enough for half a glass that wouldn't go into a bottle.
My wife loved it just as it was and wants to drink the rest now ;)

Keeping it in a cupboard for 2 weeks to carb, and then it will move to the basement.

I started another batch and this time its bubbling away like crazy in the same fermenter, so I must have somehow not sealed it 100% last time.

Had an abdij yesterday that was brewed 21st december 2014. Light red berries on the nose - ribena? - lightly carbonated, smooth & silky. lush! - A solid belgian abbey beer. will keep two back for xmas 2016 to see how it matures.

I've just bought this kit, will hopefully get it on the go this week, not having brewed for many a year do I need to put sugar in the bottle which will leave a sediment or could I use carbon drops I've seen advertised to avoid a sediment?

I've just bought this kit, will hopefully get it on the go this week, not having brewed for many a year do I need to put sugar in the bottle which will leave a sediment or could I use carbon drops I've seen advertised to avoid a sediment?
You can put sugar in per bottle,you can use carbonation drops or batchprime.You will still get some sediment whatever!

Latest posts

Back