Cherry oh, cherry oh baby (TC)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
now that one of my FV's is freed up at last (after a whole month haha), thanks to my pomegranate WOW... it's cider time...

22.5l Lidl Vitafit apple (15 x 1.5l @
88p each)
1l strong tea
5tsp pectolase
500gish of sugar 😈
100ml or so of Lowicz cherry (will use rest of 440ml bottle to prime)
5g Gervin GV13 cider yeast (first time used)
OG 1.055 (est abv 7.2%, 8% after priming)

Dissolved sugar in 6l of apple (warmed up in a pan), added rest of apple to FV (temp of apple from cartons was about 20deg !), so waiting for it to cool down a bit from 26 before I pitch the yeast

carnage in the kitchen (well until I tidied up) haha

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1446586156151.jpg

Last edited:
What's wrong Pete, not a UB40 fan ? tsk...

yeh I've done a few with 5g and so far so good 😃

(they usually say 'up to 23l')

pps.. I forgot about the sugar content of the syrup in my abv calculations, it should turn out more like 8%... hic

Only 25 :) that just happens to be one of my favorite songs you should listen to his version

No Mate UB40 weren't really my thing, but I remembered the ED version actually. The Clash were my favourite.

Anyway I was just wondering about the yeast as my 9gram Miss Millie Cider Yeast says up to 23 litres. So I was just wondering, that's all.

and down to 1.000 in 7 days, tidy... will prime and bottle in a few days

more importantly freeing up another FV... oh oh 😯

clearing nicely 😃

a17a9d2989b9269f5f4bb6864216e2c9.jpg

slurp 😃

90efbafb9739911147f4aa9c63847b76.jpg

got the fizz about right 😃

[ame]https://vimeo.com/146438134[/ame]

tastes of cherry a bit aye, not much difference with sweetener except for a very very slight aftertaste, won't bother with aspartame again

[emoji106] cherry is on my list , other half wants a cherry lamberini style wine/cider.

I was considering dropping half a tsp of candarel in each bottle of my Xmas cider to sweeten it up but not sure weather too !

[emoji106] cherry is on my list , other half wants a cherry lamberini style wine/cider.

I was considering dropping half a tsp of candarel in each bottle of my Xmas cider to sweeten it up but not sure weather too !
do some with and some without, take the pepsi challenge 😃

booyah, 4 of these bad boys and I'm almost ready to retire for the evening..almost 😈

I think Mrs S has been on the pomegranate WOW so she's probably there already 😃

Back