Strawberry & lime cider TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyFB

Reaction score
Howdy all,

This is my 3rd brew now, new to the brewing game and starting to get the bug already! Currently have 40 odd bottles of coopers larger waiting for Xmas (that number is rapidly reducing though) [emoji23] and a couple of bottles of raspberry TC left. Larger has turned out lovely, but the raspberry TC could do with some more fizz.

So now gone for a strawberry & lime TC as the Mrs likes this (maybe there won't be much left for her!).. Decided to use tinned strawberrys just out of curiosity to see how it turns out. It's been bunged into a 4.5 DJ. Simple ingredients...

3x tesco tinned strawberrys in light syrup (69.6g sugar per tin, total 208.8g)
Approx 3.5l aldi Rio d'or AJ (11g per 100ml, total 385g)
Juice of two limes
1tsp pectolase
1tsp glycerine
Gervin GV13 cider yeast

b89ea1bd2e770c17d67c02a4bddc3c9a.jpg

Started off by emptying the tins of strawberrys in a pan and boiling for 20 mins so it became a soft mushy syrup. After the 20 mins when the syrup was cooling in went the juice from 2 limes. Then into the DJ and sat in a sink of cold water to further cool. Next in went 3l of the AJ and the last 0.5l with the pectolase and glycerine. When the temp was approx 22-24c I pitched the yeast and gave it all a wiggle. Then air locked with sanitizer and placed in old airing cupboard. Aiming to keep temp during primary at around 20c.

37daa6d4de698f28ee0b3114b737ab79.jpg

9013be954d7c9b06cbd3a43e2c83535c.jpg

OG reads approx 1.058. Once primary has almost finished I intend to rack into another DJ, hopefully leaving the pulp behind at the bottom and leave to settle for a couple of days before batch priming and bottling. Thinking of 6g sugar per 500ml for batch priming as I like cider pretty fizzy.

969a40f386f1a11220434b6162ced3dd.jpg

Let's see how it pans out!

Will keep you updated 👍 got a few pics from the brew last night... Will update first post

I reckon there is a good chance that'll come out of the airlock, i would put something under it just in case.

Best move the Mrs blanket then 😁... Cheers, will put an old towel underneath

Back