Kolsch potentially?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
0275f3c5e6cb839cb2df181dbc52db4d.jpg

311d5242c2b69388bca9b81e77cc4142.png

How does this look ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that or 2526 is good. I prefer 2526 as i think it creates a malt character while still keeping a crisp edge to the fermented beer.

I would say you have the bitterness about right <25 IBU's but I've only ever used hallertau hersbrucker, Saaz, blanc or one of those Germans noble hops. Maybe with a touch of something new world to lift it a bit. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah that or 2526 is good. I prefer 2526 as i think it creates a malt character while still keeping a crisp edge to the fermented beer.

I would say you have the bitterness about right <25 IBU's but I've only ever used hallertau hersbrucker, Saaz, blanc or one of those Germans noble hops. Maybe with a touch of something new world to lift it a bit. But that's just me.

Cheers matey, I’ll have a tinker and a think with the recipe.

What temp would your ferment at with that yeast ?

As cold as possible. You don't want any diacetyl in a Kolsch. It needs to be super clean. So you need to keep that first 5 days temp to 15-18 so it can be super clean and crisp.

As cold as possible. You don't want any diacetyl in a Kolsch. It needs to be super clean. So you need to keep that first 5 days temp to 15-18 so it can be super clean and crisp.

Nice one , thought as much.

That's on my radar to try as I've made a good few Kolsch with the whitelabs and wyeast.

Sounds like I need to make one and report back.

@beercat said he had really good results with the CML kolsch yeast. So a lot cheaper than WLP029

Its a clean yeast. Last time i used it i didnt use finings and it did not drop clear. Very Lager like though, i just like mine very dry so still experimenting. Next time use it would like more attenuation so will mash at 64c.

Latest posts

Back