Anyone up for a secret-santa type swap for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, if you have posted your beers but not said so in this thread would you let me know, just so I can keep track of what's outstanding if something goes wrong.
As of now there are 8 beers which are unconfirmed as being sent.
Thanks, Steve.

Post man delivered one of my incoming this morning. [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I had a bottle of 18 month old barley wine arrive today - thanks santa!

Last edited:
Hi everybody, if you have posted your beers but not said so in this thread would you let me know, just so I can keep track of what's outstanding if something goes wrong.
As of now there are 8 beers which are unconfirmed as being sent.
Thanks, Steve.

Posted mine.

that sounds awesome. Well jeal!

A 500ml bottle too :drunk:

That's what I love about swaps like this - Barley Wine is a style I've very unlikely to ever make - I just don't have the patience. Can't wait to try it though!

:drink:

What’s the drill again for reviews ?
Will there be a new thread and is there a set format for reviews ?
Having never reviewed a beverage would be good to have a template [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the drill again for reviews ?
Will there be a new thread and is there a set format for reviews ?
Having never reviewed a beverage would be good to have a template [emoji106]

Yep, next weekend I'll start a new thread with a title something like "Xmas Swap Reviews" where you can post your review preferably accompanied by a photo. Make sure to give the name of the beer in the review so it can be identified by the sender.

As for some sort of template, I tend to use similar categories to the BJCP judging sheet:

Aroma
This is first because you want to smell the beer as soon as you pour it. Describe what you smell, malty, hoppy, fruity, roasty etc.

Appearance
Describe the colour, clarity, carbonation, head retention...

Flavour
Describe flavours, body, finish...

Overall Impression
The above categories are generally just descriptive, but in this one you can say what you like about the beer and why.

Of course you don't have to do it like this, it's not a set format, just a suggestion.

Yep, next weekend I'll start a new thread with a title something like "Xmas Swap Reviews" where you can post your review preferably accompanied by a photo. Make sure to give the name of the beer in the review so it can be identified by the sender.

As for some sort of template, I tend to use similar categories to the BJCP judging sheet:

Aroma
This is first because you want to smell the beer as soon as you pour it. Describe what you smell, malty, hoppy, fruity, roasty etc.

Appearance
Describe the colour, clarity, carbonation, head retention...

Flavour
Describe flavours, body, finish...

Overall Impression
The above categories are generally just descriptive, but in this one you can say what you like about the beer and why.

Of course you don't have to do it like this, it's not a set format, just a suggestion.

Good man - can’t wait [emoji106]

I picked up my bottle from the sorting office today - a liquorice saison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back