This 2 + 2 + 2 Carbonating Issue Needs Clearing Up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you put **** into a Corny/PV/ bottle.you will only get **** out

Who said anything about putting **** into a cornie?
By the time it goes in its fermented, cleaned up & cleared by cold crashing.
I don't understand why you think a cornie is different to other vessels you could put your beer in?

Forgive my intrusion johnny but A.it makes no difference as to whether the dispensing keg us plastic or SS and B.I wasn't aware you had a cornie set up to make an unscientific comparison.as has been mentioned on this thread a cornie has an indentation in the base which the beer out spiggot sits in so clears all the remaining settled trub and dead yeast cells out when you pour your first glass full and there on in should then have lovely clear conditioned beer should you follow 2+2+2 as a bare minimum

The cornie is the best place for your beer, once sterilised and your beer is in and purged of oxygen, only good can come to it. It's the only piece of kit that really allows you to purge any oxygen out, once that lid is on its safe as houses. I always stick my beer from fv to corny, after about 2/3 weeks in the fv. I then let the beer carbonate for about 10 days under 15psi. The first pint is ok... after another couple weeks it just gets better and better until its empty.

How the fuick do you think think that putting your brew into a Corny will make it taste any better. No it wont

Hi!
Out of the FV into . . . whatever - you've got green beer. It has to mature and that takes time - some styles mature much more quickly than others. Big beers, like Imperial stouts, for example, will need a long time to mature.
If homebrewers use Corny kegs their beer will get better over time.

Per the title, this thread has really cleared things up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the whole idea of a uni-tank, right? :)
Never heard of one until you mentioned it. And yes, you do seem to be right. The "Fermentasaurus" jobbies appear to be such a "uni-tank".

I get the impression "johnnyboy1965" has cleared off. Hardly surprising as everyone appeared to gang up on him. Forums are not the place to make incautious remarks, although I find this forum to be a little more laidback compared to some (I had my backside bitten for far less elsewhere). I guess all the participants have gone looking for some fresh meat to chew on?

JFC a corny is only a piece of kit to dispense a brew. It will not make your HB any better. What goes in, comes out

Putting it in bottles makes it better doesn’t it?
Anything it’s in is irrelevant as long as it’s pressurised and the yeast get desert.
Good for starting a debate though 👍

But your wrong buddy.........

I'm using cornies for the first time and I hope my murky Dipa doesn't clear at all.

:grin:

I just bottled a pink grapefruit beer and there is no way on earth its going to clear. It is totally fruity over the top fruity more so than a NEIPA. :-(

hope it mellows a bit :oops:

looks like i'm still going to have to buy elvis juice in:doh:

Never heard of one until you mentioned it. And yes, you do seem to be right. The "Fermentasaurus" jobbies appear to be such a "uni-tank".

I get the impression "johnnyboy1965" has cleared off. Hardly surprising as everyone appeared to gang up on him. Forums are not the place to make incautious remarks, although I find this forum to be a little more laidback compared to some (I had my backside bitten for far less elsewhere). I guess all the participants have gone looking for some fresh meat to chew on?

I've got a fermentasaurus, and it currently has an IPA in it. Only 12 litres because as per usual I chuffed it up! But nevertheless it's in there, and it's seen precisely zero oxygen since the yeast went in. It's sitting at 9psi naturally, and is clearing very nicely. You can remove the trub when ready by removing the collection bottle at the bottom. Which is nice for extended stays in the FV. Doesn't need to sit on the trub.

The whole concept of a Corny keg, is that it is only verssel, not a conditioning vessel

Bit off topic but i have to ask (genuinely interested not a **** take) why do you post (sp) in many of your posts doesn't the browser you use have a spelling checker?

a dispencing (major sp) verssel, not a conditioning vessel

Back