All Forgiven

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdeDunn

Reaction score
Finally tasting my first AG, that BIAB Saison I did that nearly put me off. All is forgiven! It's delicious! So much so my wife necked the one I poured for her pretty much...

Turns out I didn't overprime either, just needed chilling a bit before pouring. Nice white head, nice and lively in the glass, and a lovely golden colour. Spot on.

(amber colour in the one pic is from the flash reflecting, the other pic I didn't use the flash)

IMG_20171214_203104.jpg

IMG_20171214_203117.jpg

Looks great, nice work. Hopefully you brewed enough to last if the Mrs keeps necking them :) :lol:

Looks great, nice work. Hopefully you brewed enough to last if the Mrs keeps necking them :) :lol:

Hopefully bud, 19.8 litres into FV. Fair few bottles of kit brews left still too (including some Youngs AIPA, once of the few drinkable kit beers.... lol) so shouldn't be too bad... Problem is I only cooled 2 bottles for a crafty taster...... She's now on about putting some in the freezer to quick chill... Opening them warm it tries to leave the bottle on it's own.... :lol:

Thanks bud. Need to bottle my summer ale next, it's been in the fv since the 25th of November, and hit final gravity on the 1st of this month and stayed there so should definitely be ready to bottle.

Samples were delicious. Greg Hughes Summer Ale but hopped with cascade and a bit of citra. Some of my fave hops.

Glad the Saison is ready for Christmas though, I can't stand the Bad Cat kit I made specifically for Christmas, it has too strong an alcohol flavour to it and literally blows your head off at around 8% ABV.

Folks were right though. The best kit brew I've tasted isn't half as nice as this saison! Only meant to taste it, we ended up having 3 bottles each... Didn't trigger a migraine either, which both kit and commercial beers have been doing lately.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

That's good to hear, my first ag is in the fv. Cannot wait to try it. My full extract brews were twice as good as any kit I made, so if I can top that I'm going to be chuffed.

I done the youngs new world saison and went out and got an electric India as I wasn't sure of the taste even though I liked it! I'd do another or more than likely look for an ag recipe as it's a great beer...an acquired taste though!

It's in the DIY Dog PDF Clint. I just switched the extra pale malt for Dingemans Pilsen malt, which worked well. It has a much more "Belgian" flavour, delicious. [emoji3]

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back