Stuck Fermentation ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radley

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently brewing a clone of Hopback 'Summer Lightning' 5%...

O.G 1049
F.G 1011

Been fermenting for 7 days. No activity in my airlock for past 24hrs - just took a gravity reading @ 1014.

Should I leave it be for a few more days (even though no visible activity) hoping it'll get closer 1011 ? Or give it a gentle rous - or is this a really bad idea this late in fermentation ? Or is 1014 close enough/best I'm going to get ?

Only my second brew so apologies for the rambling questions !!

Cheers all, Neil.

I would probably wait 24 hours and take another reading. No airlock activity isn't necessarily indicative of a stuck ferment, but if you take a reading tomorrow and it's the same then you can assume it's stopped for some reason. If it has stopped, give it a rouse and see what happens.

What yeast are you using? It could be you've reached the max attenuation of that yeast. Looks like you're at 71% at the moment, so it probably won't have that far to go.

Safale S-04 that I made up into starter 2 days before brew day. As suggested I will take another reading tomorrow.
Ta for the swift reply Ceejay :-)

Latest posts

Back