BEST Red X Malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thodd

Reaction score
So since I only have about 80 bottles of beer left and another 20 litres fermenting away - I thought I'd better start thinking about my next brew :mrgreen:

I quite fancy the idea of making a beer with a definite red colour to it - more so for aesthetics rather than the colour being a resulting factor of malt taste.
Since I'm also a massive Hop Head I'll add loads of flameout and dry hops to hopefully create a Full Red coloured IPA.

Anyway - I've come across a Malt called BEST Red X which is specifically for brewers to create Red coloured beers and can be used as 100% of the grain bill.
I'm almost certain that this is a blend of grains from the supplier - but even so it looks interesting.

Its created by a German company called Bestmalz - more info on BEST red X on their website here:
http://www.bestmalz.de/en/malts/best-red-x/

It looks like Malt miller sell it at ��£1.90 a kg

Has anyone used this malt before? good? bad? indifferent? thoughts?

ta - I did a search using the Forums search bar for Red X but it didn't return anything. I probably just fat fingered the words :-(

Dunno what it is about our search engine but sometimes, something I know is on the forum somewhere dosesnt come up with any hits. So what I normally do is a google search plus the words 'the homebrew forum', and this usually finds what I'm looking for

Latest posts

Back