Pineapple and Apple Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanManley

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey chaps!

I've done a few AG beers and SWMBO has asked if I can make her a Pineapple and Apple Cider.

First of all is this at all possible?

Secondly does anyone have a recipe?

Thirdly what would I need to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Maybe as a turbo cider. For 1gal you could maybe try 3lt pure apple juice 1lt pure pineapple juice (both 100% fruit content) probably needs something to reduce acidity as well. I've never tried it so maybe someone else can help you out more but I'd be interested to hear what you've done and try it another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As razor says, 3 Ltr aj and 1 ltr pineaplle juice makes a lovely tc.. I do it often. 2tsp sweetener per 500ml works a treat for my taste or even better use cider yeast with sweetener but you will have to make a bigger batch as it will be too sweet with just 1gal.

Thanks guys. So do I just chuck the juice and sweetener and yeast into a demi John and it's done?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would make a starter with a cider yeast before pitching. You might have to warm the juice and water up to around 20°c before pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So going to buy ingredients today. I already have sweetener so going to get

3ltr Apple Juice
1ltr Pineapple Juice
1 x Cider Yeast.

Would I still be aiming for a 1010 FG like a beer? What kind of number should I be seeing as a SG/OG?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SG will probably be 1.040 - 1.045 (straight AJ at 11g sugar per 100ml comes out at 1.045)

As Paul says, should finish at 1.000 - so around 6% abv once you've primed it (assuming you will ;) )

Hey chaps!

I've done a few AG beers and SWMBO has asked if I can make her a Pineapple and Apple Cider.

First of all is this at all possible?

Secondly does anyone have a recipe?

Thirdly what would I need to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

How did this turn out ?

Back