Good quality wine kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Peasie

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all

I started off making fruit wines and have done for quite a few years, but I do really enjoy proper red wine especially gutsy spanish and italian wines. My point is that the fruit wines are nice but are not a patch on a good grape wine. I now make AG beer which is as good as anything you can buy. Are there any grape wine kits out there which are as good as anything you can buy??? (this is mostly to please the wife as she is sick of the house smelling of fermenting beer).

Cheers Andy

The issue with a lot of the kits is that the concentration of the grape juice subtly alters the flavours when reconstituted. . . . Having said that the juices that are less concentrated (Selection and Herons Bay) do produce fantastic wines, unfortunately the rising cost of shipping now makes them frighteningly expensive. . . . But I have made some great wines with them in the past especially the named single varietal ones, both red and white.

Will probably try the beaverdale ones first, can't justify spending over a hundred quid on a wine kit. However if it was a shiny new HLT that would be a different matter! ;)

I have tried a few but the connasiour (not sure of spelling) is nice, approx £44 for a 30 bottle kit, good after four months plus one extra to make, equiv wine cost around £6-8.

Paul.

Back