Hop 'taster' packs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bank holiday up here am afraid.

Have got simco, citra, mosaic and tettnang so maybe an American style IPA? Perhaps the tettnang doesn't fit the style? Also got some saaz leaf hops (as always!) So maybe combine the with the Saaz and do a partial extract with a youngs lager kit I've got?

Anyway, seems like my head is all over the place, too much beer of late!!!!

Not a bank holiday up here am afraid.

Have got simco, citra, mosaic and tettnang so maybe an American style IPA? Perhaps the tettnang doesn't fit the style? Also got some saaz leaf hops (as always!) So maybe combine the with the Saaz and do a partial extract with a youngs lager kit I've got?

Anyway, seems like my head is all over the place, too much beer of late!!!!

I'm not the best receipe creator but as you suggest either combine the Saaz and Tettnang with the lager kit or use the Tettnang (and/or saaz) as a bittering hop for the extract brew and use one or more of the others for aroma/flavour as they are US arome/flavour hops (I think)

Taster packs just dropped through my letter box. Can't wait to get some recipes planned. Thanks so much MyQul. Great idea. :thumb:

Mant thanks MyQul, recieved mine today also. Even though I asked for a pick and mix, you sent me varieties that I've never used before so even happier. I'm going to put some into bottles of Grolsh and examine the flavours as I'm still unsure how a hop affects the taste of a beer.

I've sent you a PM.

hi myqul
thanks very much for the hops m8 great packaging in the wee sealed packs cheers lagerlad

hi myqul
thanks very much for the hops m8 great packaging in the wee sealed packs cheers lagerlad

I got the wee mylar bags from ebay. There the same as you get when you order from big companies except smaller and these ones are both zip lockable and heat sealable as I don't have a heat sealer

Another happy customer, hops arrived today. Thanks MQ! Great job.

Can't believe I missed this thread. What a great idea.
It'd definitely be interested if you decide to do it again - subscribing now so I don't miss out next time.

Back