Apple and pineapple wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotley73

Reaction score
Just tasted a apple and pineapple juice wine bottled on 27/02/16 and it's not bad just a hint of pineapple here's the recipe if your interested. This is for 2 gallons

7 litres of lidl vitafit apple juice
1 litre of aldi doro pineapple juice
1 litre of water
5 tea bags in a mug
2 teaspoons each of citric acid
Yeast nutrient
Young's super wine yeast
Pectolase
Bentonite added at the start
1 kg of tate and lyle sugar

Came in at about 11% abv if my calcs are correct. Took a while to clear but I guess that may be to do with the pine apple.[emoji106]

Not a pineapple fan but it is becoming a popular ingredient for making wine amongst members.

With only 1L of pineapple and 7L apple it's not surprising it only has a hint, but I love pineapple and a pineapple wow is on my 'to do' list.
I made one years ago with real pineapple but cannot really remember how it came out and my old wine book with notes hasn't been seen for a few years since we had a clear out.

I saw a sign today that I thought was a good omen to make this soon, the sign in tesco said Del Monte 100% Pineapple juice reduced to 70p per litre.

So I bought two and will get a pineapple wow on over the next few days coz I need to get some sugar

I've just put a straight pineapple one together.

2L Dell Monte pineapple juice
1.5 L water
818g sugar
Mug of 3 bag lady grey tea
1 tsp pectolase
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp yeast nutrient

Just bought all the ingredients to try this recipe and done some calcs, I use the formula 237.2g of sugar per litre of brew which gives about 12.5% so my figures are about 1067.4g per gallon, the recipe above might be a little light on sugar and may not keep for storage, just a thought, cheers Dave

Dave will check calcs but the way the wife drinks it it won't need preserving lol

Started 2 gallon of this today but it has been a bit cold in the house, they are now in front of the wood burner so happy days, Dave

I must have had them too near the stove last night, 2 airlocks to clean out this morning, :lol:, Dave

Hi J73, they are still cooking because the temperature in the house is up and down, cheers Dave

Yesterday I bottled the straight pineapple version I did above, back sweetened slightly and it tasted good, but now the weather is warming I'm running out of cool storage space so I thought I'd put them in the top of a coolish cupboard where I had a few of my faves, a rhubarb wine stashed and managed to break a bottle of the rhubarb...DOH! :doh:

Oh no how long had the rhubarb been in the bottle

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back