Jools Holland’s annual New Year’s Eve Hootenanny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We have watched JH's Hootenanny and enjoyed most of it for years but finding out its recorded has ruined it for us, we watched last years and said enough is enough, what do members that don't go to the pub watch on mew years eve?

LAUGH OUT LONDON PRESENTS JOOLS HOLLAND’S HOOTENANNY FOR 2018

06/01/2017

10:15 pm - 11:45 pm

Join us for the recording of Jools Holland’s annual New Year’s Eve Hootenanny for 2018 (It’s pre-recorded well in advance)! Featuring all your favourite artists as you have never seen them before!*

Previous year’s Hootenanny’s have seen Acts like: Prince! Fleetwood Mac! Morrissey! Kanye West! Taylor Swi "Kanye West!" ft! Paul McCartney and the ghost of John Lennon! Two Bruce Springsteens! Kate Bush! Pat Cash! And more!

*Alternative comedians are used as body double doubles for the acts and replaced in post-production.

So join Jools (Tom Crowley) as he introduces music’s biggest stars for a new year’s shindig that’s just 11 months and 3 weeks early.

Buy tickets to guarantee a seat here. Tickets are a fiver on the door, plus a limited number of free tickets available on the door for members of our mailing list.

Featuring the talents of

John Kearns " Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner

Bec Hill " “A powerfully positive attitude that will cheer even the most jaded” **** Chortle

Joz Norris " “An absolute idiot… Simple, silly and screamingly funny”- Fest

Eleanor Morton " “The Poster Girl for Awkward” " Chortle

Adam Larter " “One of the most prolific people in comedy” " Chortle

Lucy Pearman " “sweet and charming and uplifting, and frankly you’ll be hard pressed to find better company” " ***** The Good Review

Matthew Highton " “Highton has the storyteller’s gift”- **** Chortle

Alwin Solanky" a man whose previous act included balancing a biscuit on his head

Plus Andy Barr

http://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/events/2018-hootenanny/

I've watched it a few times but the fact that's it's recorded a year in advance and the comedians are switched out for more up to date ones closer to the time really is a bit sh**ty. SWMBO and I go to a friends house every year for their annual New Years party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Well, that's a comedy ****-take that you've linked to, but the point is taken.

I don't mind so much that it's pre-recorded. It means they can get a good number of "celebs"; after all, who's going to spend their actual New Year in a manky studio for a few glasses of bubbly?

But I'm bored of Jools doing the same old thing every year; he doesn't even play Cool for Cats :-?

I have watched it..well it's been on anyhow but I tend to prefer getting hammered and talking utter **** with my mate while cooking stuff...and eating stuff...the ladies have that bit where the celebrations are shown from round the world but I think it's over rated and mostly false. For a lot there will be no happy new year blah blah blah.

Cheers

Clint

I would sooner stick needles in my eyeballs than watch Jules Holland do anything this side of hanging himself!

In memory of many New Year celebrations I go to YouTube, stick this on as a starter ...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14L7wDwuGc&list=PL1wDATYJLMNzu68o9Fh8-4R-VM9397Lsq[/ame]

... and then let YouTube take it from there. :thumb:

Enjoy your New Year Celebrations ... :thumb: :thumb:

... I know we will. :thumb: :thumb:

I would sooner stick needles in my eyeballs than watch Jules Holland do anything this side of hanging himself!

In memory of many New Year celebrations I go to YouTube, stick this on as a starter ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14L7wDwuGc&list=PL1wDATYJLMNzu68o9Fh8-4R-VM9397Lsq

Interesting fact - my wife's great gran (an amateur accordionist who did some session work) and her brother (who was semi-famous professional fiddle player Angus Fitchett) both played with Jimmy Shand (in his backing band) numerous times.

We'll probably watch a film then catch Jackie Bird live from Princes Street on BBC1 Scotland in time for the bells!

+1. we are in Epsom but have cable so watch Jackie Bird from Princes street or wherever and listen to Ali Bain and Phil Cunningham pity there's not a Still Game hogmanay special...normally I'm 100% rock/metal but would rather watch Ali Bain than the stuff on the Jools Holland show (with only the odd exception).

Doesn't seem recorded a year in advance to me. People are talking about what a bad year 2016 has been and Rag n' Bone Man singing 'Human'.

+1. we are in Epsom but have cable so watch Jackie Bird from Princes street or wherever and listen to Ali Bain and Phil Cunningham pity there's not a Still Game hogmanay special...normally I'm 100% rock/metal but would rather watch Ali Bain than the stuff on the Jools Holland show (with only the odd exception).

I'm sure I watched a still game Hogmanay special the other night. I've never seen the programme before so it may not have been a new one.

I'm sure I watched a still game Hogmanay special the other night. I've never seen the programme before so it may not have been a new one.

It was on on the 30th, the one where they got stuck in the lift? It was made in 2006 though.

That's the first I've watched the show. "This door is not right for you."

Oh right, I just hadn't seen that episode. I only kinda half paid attention to it the first time around, but I've seen just about all the episodes when they've been repeated over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14L7wDwuGc&list=PL1wDATYJLMNzu68o9Fh8-4R-VM9397Lsq

So what your trying to say is you quite like him 😂 bloody hell Dutto,wanting a man to hang himself for making a poor tv show, your scaring me now,i may remove myself from the forum map 😨 👍

that still game episode is classic...specially when he is too ****** while dancing at the party and vomits on his friends wife.... very good Scottish humour.
On the pre-recording...I watched a couple of minutes of the hootenanny show and Candice Brown the bake off winner was in the audience and pointed out...so they couldn't have pre-recorded it.

It says they replace the comedians in post production. So it's conceivable that if there's an audience brought in for the more topical comedians and acts then they would plant or invite a few more relevant "celebs".

Latest posts

Back