Hi from Wisbech

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fenlander

Reaction score
Hello,

Am pleased at becoming a member of the community today. Took very early retirement at Christmas (life is too short ... !) cleared out our conservatory the weekend and am keen to get started with some all grain lager brewing. Have got no kit put together yet, haven't brewed since the 80's and Things sure have changed a lot in this industry and by far the better for it by the looks of things.

Would be great to hear from anyone my neck of the woods, nearest club i found so far is Norwich which is 60 miles.

Have a great week all,

Stuart

Welcome to the forum. There is a club here in Cambridge, although I haven't been. It is closer, but still 40 miles from you.

I was born in Wisbech. Never been back! What's it like?
lots of old buildings in market place and town centre generally, probably unchanged in 100 years. Many eastern european shops (popular imported lagers are Tyskie & Debowe) and Eastern European people living and working here mainly in agriculture. Indication when driving is optional, not many people will even think of letting you in or out of a turning even if you are majorly holding up traffic in your lane. There are two prices given in many local businesses, Normal price for debit /credit cards (if they take them) and the 'cash price'. People stop and chat if your out and about and when serving you in shops. I like it here, lived in far worse places ! :thumb:

Back