Andy Murray corrects journalist

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you are going to ask a question at least get your facts straight -

Watch - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40589164/andy-murray-corrects-journalist-s-casual-sexism

Andy Murray has corrected a journalist after he said Sam Querrey, who knocked the British player out of Wimbledon earlier, was "the first US player to reach a major semi-final since 2009".
The newly-deposed Wimbledon champion reminded the reporter he was only talking about male players, as there had, of course, been considerably more success for the US on the female side of the sport.
Since 2009, Serena Williams has won 12 Grand Slam tournaments.
On social media, Murray was praised for refusing to allow "casual sexism", and his mother, Judy, tweeted proudly: "That's my boy."

Saw this earlier :thumb: good on 'im. Female athletes get ignored far too often... and tennis is actually one of the better sports for it. Try being a female rugby player.

Saw this earlier :thumb: good on 'im. Female athletes get ignored far too often... and tennis is actually one of the better sports for it. Try being a female rugby player.

Yep Womens Rugby is pretty good aswell.

To be fair though Rugby suffers lazy journalism in general. The amount of team names let alone player names reported wrong are embarrassing every weekend.

Of course Konta faces another American today :lol:, I think she stands a good chance of making it to the final and is actually 3:2 up in head to head face offs... However from a trading perspective I think she is priced a touched short as I think Williams will make her work for it, She may have regressed but is playing very well on the grass still and Konta whilst playing well still has moments in the game where she loses momentum.

Back