Primark recalls men's flip-flops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Primark has recalled thousands of men's flip-flops over fears they may contain dangerous levels of a cancer-causing chemical.

The discount fashion chain said it had come to its attention that the footwear "does not meet the Primark usual high standards for chemical compliance".

The products in question are men's flip-flops in blue, black and khaki.

The company said customers will be offered a full refund and do not have to produce proof of purchase.

Primark, which is owned by Associated British Foods, said the footwear was sold in stores between 4 January and 2 June this year as part of its Cedar Wood State range.

"We have found levels of a restricted substance in the product in excess of the 1.0 mg/kg requirement," it said on the website.

A Primark spokesperson confirmed that the chemical in question was chrysene, used in dark coloured dyes, but said it was present at levels that would pose a minimal health and safety risk to customers.

The fault was discovered by Primark following up an enquiry by a third party, the company said.

"We take the safety of our customers, and the quality of our products very seriously," the spokesperson said.

The company has suspended all new orders from the factory that manufactures the flip-flops while the matter is investigated.

Flip-flops are a health hazard anyway. The missus got me some for my birthday recently, dunno why cos after 23 years she's never seen me wear them and I've never hinted that I want some. I can't keep the damn things on without painfully curling my toes. Pity she didn't get them from Primark then I'd have a rock solid reason not to wear them.

Gunge. ..grow your toenails until they curl under and dig into the flip flop....simple!
You're welcome!

I'll stick with regular footwear, thanks. Flip-flops are for history teachers along with suede jackets and leather elbow pads.

What a total flop ! but on the flip side at least they're doing something about it

Ever since I was a 5-year old toddler I have found flip-flops the most stupid footwear. I can't understand why people like to wear that.

I agree and think the same about desert wellies

show.action

I've worn the same pair of flip flops since Saturday morning, which includes driving up to the English/Welsh border, going to lunch, walking to the pub on Saturday night, doing some shopping on Sunday morning, driving back home and going to work yesterday (I'm a designer, so anything goes). I like flip flops, but I think laziness may also be a factor.

Back