yeast and woodefordes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getracey

Reaction score
I've been brewing woodefordes nog recently, and very nice it is too. In fact its the best thing i've made, although that might not be saying much! However, the specific gravity never gets very low and this must mean that the alcohol content is lower than the 4.5% mentioned on the box. The next time i'm planning to use a sachet of gervins ale yeast, to see if this helps. Would anyone recomend using the gervins AND the yeast that came with the kit, and if so at the same time or one before the other?

p.s. I know it's the taste that counts, but......

Currently brewing if you can beleive it.....one of those old boots brew-in-a-bag 20pint lager kits, found on the car boot sale for 50p, made today following the instructions. Use by date August 1998! Say's it's ready in 3 weeks, do i really dare try it then?
Only if i'm thirsty........or bored........or bored and thirsty

I have made loads of wherry and used s-04 yeast for the last 2 batches and they have fermented out with no problems within 7 days cant comment on the taste yet but it is clearing quicker than the supplied yeast :thumb:

Well I guess you like wherry then? The old brew-in-a-bag was doing nothing after two days, maybe the yeast didn't like being left for 12 years in a bag.I've added some yeast from a kit that didn't get used somehow hopefully it will get things going

Latest posts

Back