Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course not! You'll only fill them up again with your own beer and deprive the breweries of their God given rights to the profits from you having to go out and buy more beer
And there was me thinking it was the norn iron habitual binge drinking they wanted to avoid ;)

Tesco's Connswater has been shut own for a year:-? I think you mean Castlereagh :)

Hottest deal of the day on Hotukdeals - Hobgoblin Gold Kegs £8 Start the wild goose chase but some people are able to pick these up. As you can see by the comments I gave the forum a mention, expect an influx of bargain hunters joining the forum :D

Tesco's Connswater has been shut own for a year:-? I think you mean Castlereagh :)

Hottest deal of the day on Hotukdeals - Hobgoblin Gold Kegs �£8 Start the wild goose chase but some people are able to pick these up. As you can see by the comments I gave the forum a mention, expect an influx of bargain hunters joining the forum :D
You're right, I did!!

Hottest deal of the day on Hotukdeals - Hobgoblin Gold Kegs �£8 Start the wild goose chase but some people are able to pick these up. As you can see by the comments I gave the forum a mention, expect an influx of bargain hunters joining the forum :D

Nice work!

No hobgob gold at all in our local Tesco.
My tap-a-draft arrived today, the tap uses 16G cartridges rather than the 8G double thingy which I'd seen on youtube, don't know if that's a good thing or not?

Edited..
Just Googled. The single tap/16G single gas cylinder upgraded version is what has been available in the States for a while, whilst the dual cylinder 8G/single tap version is what we in the UK have had available mostly.

Sounds good to me. I see you can buy Nitrogen in that size too.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Well, I wasn't bothered about N2 to be honest, just a simple and quick alternative to bottling.
Am still going to re-use supermarket kegs.
Have a pimped up** Coopers Stout in the FV at the moment, that will go in the tap-a-draft. Seeing as how quick that stuff conditions, will post some pics over the festivities when I get it quaffed.

Kit Can
2KG Maris Otter
250G Lactose
250G Maltodextrin
250G Choc Malt

ARG!

how do you guys get the taps and bulbs past SWMBO? She moans when I shoot the pigeons on the veg garden. (My only excuse for co2 bulbs ;-) )

I've been championing these kegs for a while as the easy solution to the hassle of bottling day.

I've got two empty (old) supermarket kegs here and I'm thinking how can I buy a tap and get away with it.

How do they work? Can you make one?

Had a look in Tesco at Seacroft (Leeds) last night, they had various kegs on the shelf, Hobgob, Hobgob Gold, Old Speckled Hen and Rudgate Viking. Old Speckled Hen was at £14, the rest all at £15.

Test scanned the Hobgob gold just in case but it scanned at £15.

May pop back next week if a new offer may be in the offing !

Picked up a Golden Hen for £7.50 in Tesco extra today. Bargain. Only 1 left on the shelf and the guy doing the stock was gutted that he hadn't seen it himself!

So opened a MK on Monday been going lightly since its the dark chocolate with MJ Newcastle yeast. As discussed in a previous thread. It's 6.3%!

Anyway

I must have left the air valve open last night. Came home let the dog out, opened the outhouse to find open beer! OH NO!!!

Closed the valve had a shower and look!

IMAG2022.jpg

Back