Inkbird ITC - 308

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
My prize has just arrived. First impressions - much, much easier than STCs to control fermentation chambers. I am going to link mine however to 2 240v in/240v SSRs, to control heating elements in excess of the Inkbird's 10 amp rating. Impressed though, more expensive but looks worth it.....

My prize has just arrived. First impressions - much, much easier than STCs to control fermentation chambers. I am going to link mine however to 2 240v in/240v SSRs, to control heating elements in excess of the Inkbird's 10 amp rating. Impressed though, more expensive bt looks worth it.....

How did you win it? I want one, just acquired a fridge.

Rather oddly, Inkbird advertised the UK plug version on an American site. They had 5 to give away and only 4 entered......

So I've just set it up on one of my brew fridges. Very easy to set up, with audible low and high temperature alarms. Compared the temp reading with two other digital thermometers - it is sitting smack in the middle. The temperature probe lead, at 1.9 metres length, is nearly twice that of the STC. All in all, worth the money and the lack of hassle not having to cut boxes, wire in etc. will make this a very attractive option.

While i would advocate an stc1000/brewfridge build to anyone not everyone wants to muck about with wires etc, an off the shelf option will enable many more brewers to benefit from the brewfridge and regular as clockwork fermentations
Got to be a good thing ..

My understanding is the ITC308 is a prewired STC1000. Not sure if it should be taken above its 10amp rating?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018JPUZKC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It won't be above its 10 amp rating - the SSRs will do that? I have found SSRs that can take mains voltage in and out. As for it being a prewired STC, I'm not so sure. Different looks, certainly extra functions. I have two fermentation chambers running off them, I enjoyed wiring them in, but now I've got the ITC it is a lot neater, as you can see above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your kidding only 4 people entered the completion! I saw it and thought I wouldn't have a chance so just paid for one with the promo code they were offering at the same time.

I'm about to wire up my brew fridge and think this should be really easy to use.

Latest posts

Back