Orange stripped thingy on my hops,,Grrrrrrr

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnsleyBrewer

Reaction score
Anyone know what this orange stripped bug type thing is that's eating my hops and climbing into the cones?

BB

you have a photo?

beetles - cumber or colorado

lava - ladybird they eat aphids

catapillar stripy ones

It's like a little beetle with 6 legs, longest is about 5mm long... looks like they're eating the leaves, and climbing into the cones. :eek:

It could be anything, even just a Ladybird Larvae, without photo's it's nigh on impossible to say what it is :!:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 29,r:3,s:0

there's a few about ATM in our garden, they don't look anything like a ladybird, bit of a change comes over them later :lol:

if it is the ladybird larvae, they do a great job in munching aphids, ie greenfly blackfly etc, they shouldn't be munching your hops, that'll be the aphids :evil:

Ladybird larvae love my hop plant and I'm very happy to have them on there - bit late in the season though, I haven't seen any for a few weeks.

Ask it what it's name is.

:D

Baz Chaz said:
It could be anything, even just a Ladybird Larvae, without photo's it's nigh on impossible to say what it is :!:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 29,r:3,s:0

there's a few about ATM in our garden, they don't look anything like a ladybird, bit of a change comes over them later :lol:

if it is the ladybird larvae, they do a great job in munching aphids, ie greenfly blackfly etc, they shouldn't be munching your hops, that'll be the aphids :evil:
Think your right, thanks. :thumb:
I would never have guessed in a million years that they're ladybird larvae. :shock:
images

Bit of a lucky punt there really from your description, thinking of Ladybird Larvae (but not many orangy stirpey things about) :thumb:

..... mainly 'cos they look ugly it scares the pants off people thinking they can't be any good :shock: where in fact they're brilliant :!: they don't half keep our roses free from aphids :clap:

Latest posts

Back