Portsmouth?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hole in the Wall on Great Southsea Street. Small and can get a bit cramped, but for variety of real ales it can't be beaten.

The Honest Politician on Elm Grove used to have free pool on a Thursday, if you're into that. No great shakes in the beer department, but a fun place to be. The One Eyed Dog is probably a happy compromise between the two (the Honest Polly and the Hole in the Wall).

Spice Island has good beer and a lovely sea view, and the Florence Arms used to have a cracking cider selection.

Was in the Brewhouse and Kitchen in Guildhall Walk yesterday on a beer sampling trip as a gift from my daughter.
They brew onsite and all the equipment is within the pub itself. The two house beers we sampled were not bad at all,an APA and Bitter,the APA was very decent:thumb:

Was in the Brewhouse and Kitchen in Guildhall Walk yesterday on a beer sampling trip as a gift from my daughter.
They brew onsite and all the equipment is within the pub itself. The two house beers we sampled were not bad at all,an APA and Bitter,the APA was very decent:thumb:

That's a new one- I went to uni in Portsmouth, lived in James Watson halls on Guildhall walk for my first year. I'd have loved a little place like that :(

Edit: just did some Googling. That place used to be called The Swan when I was there, and it was a right khazi. Glad someone found a use for it.

That's a new one- I went to uni in Portsmouth, lived in James Watson halls on Guildhall walk for my first year. I'd have loved a little place like that :(

Edit: just did some Googling. That place used to be called The Swan when I was there, and it was a right khazi. Glad someone found a use for it.
It wasn't bad at all actually.They had a good few other beers on tap,Smoked beer,A Hell,a Belgian blonde a Hefe Weiss and Goose Island. Food wasn't the best we have had but the beers were ok:thumb:

I'm heading down to Portsmouth in the week planning to go to Staggeringly Good whilst there. [emoji41][emoji108][emoji482]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back