50W Aquarium heater

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doh

Reaction score
Would I be able to use one of these instead of a heater blanket??

Do we have a FAQ section (sorry for above if we do)

darrenwest1 said:
i have used 1 for a while now with no probs

Helped twice in one night, your going to have a good day tomorrow.
What wattage did you buy Darren?

Doh said:
Don't apologise. Just under the forum banner on the right hand side there's an FAQ, Search, Members and User Controls, but they are only in small type and easily missed. You won't find aquarium heaters in the FAQ but will find plenty if you do a search. I use a 75W in an outer bucket and a 150W in a large tray for demijohns, both being used in water baths, although you can suspend one in your brew if it has been washed and sterilised.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

I have one that i use straight in the fv very good i think but if you do it like I do remember to wrap loads of cling film around the temp control

I used a 100W one in my last 5gal brew (average temp in the house is about 12deg) and it was fully immersed (and sanitized) about £9 of ebay delivered. I also (just found a few weeks ago, looking for something else :D ) have a BOOTS one that fits inside a demijohn with a hole for the airlock (its about 25W though)

Moley said:
Doh said:
Don't apologise. Just under the forum banner on the right hand side there's an FAQ, Search, Members and User Controls, but they are only in small type and easily missed. You won't find aquarium heaters in the FAQ but will find plenty if you do a search. I use a 75W in an outer bucket and a 150W in a large tray for demijohns, both being used in water baths, although you can suspend one in your brew if it has been washed and sterilised.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Ta Could not see it for looking :oops:
Thanks to all that replied will order one :cheers:

Back