C02 Cask problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetherave2

Reaction score
Hi folks, my first ever problem!

One of my Wilkos cheap gas injectors is giving my gripe. :|

Every time I inject at C02 Sparklet bulb it comes straight out of the pressure relief valve and no C02 goes into my beer, the result is no head and no flow from my tap.

I have checked the pressure in the keg and there is no pressure in it at all. I have smeared the seal with Vaseline and checked the tightness of my valve.

I am at a loss does anyone know a better way to inject C02 into my cask, the rest of my injectors have never given me this much trouble? :?

Thanks in advanced.

Dave

Hi Dave. Is it the type with the red bulb holder you put the CO2 bulb in then screw it down. If it is if the bulb is not in straight it will not locate on the pin properly. Ive had the same problem. Just make sure the bulb is in straight when it contacts the pin and all should be fine.

Hi again,

Thanks for that quick reply :D

It is one of the Young's ones so yes it is red.

I should have said, it makes a noise like somebody blowing a raspberry even when I tighten it further.

I will check to see if its square on though thanks for that. I don't have a lot of bulbs left to spare so i will have to go to Wilkos to buy some more.

Just an edit, to add something, the valve feels wet and I can here a hissing sound coming from the injector. I think the injector is bad

Cheers

Latest posts

Back