What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I had a bottle of the Siren Bourbon Milkshake stout. 11% ABV! It's a really good beer and I can appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into making a beer that's as strong as wine but retains the character of a stout, the bourbon is a little strong for me, not being a huge fan of it in and of itself. The beer underneath the bourbon is fantastic, a lovely sweet stout with tons of chocolate aroma.

I followed this up with a Westmalle Dubbel. Also delicious but I find the yeast character a bit more muted than the Chimay I had the other day which was really fruity and floral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elvis Juice - first time.

Lovely drink - makes me realise I've a long way to go on the AG journey !

Kicking off tonight with a John Bull IPA with an American Crystal tea added to it, brewed out to 7% using S04. The S04 is giving it a lovely taste, I'm definitely a convert. I got two brews out of the S04 and had to switch to my hot weather yeast. The second brew with the S04 is a Better Brew Czech Pilsner brewed with a Falconers Flight tea, brewed to 5.9%, it's a first taste as I only bottled it 2 weeks ago but it's tasting very promising. The third beer I have is a Bulldog Pennine Ale, that one didn't go so well and definitely needs a lemonade top to make it palatable. It's funny how quick a good beer goes but a bad beer hangs on like an unwanted relative at Christmas.

Tonight I had a bottle of the Siren Bourbon Milkshake stout. 11% ABV! It's a really good beer and I can appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into making a beer that's as strong as wine but retains the character of a stout, the bourbon is a little strong for me, not being a huge fan of it in and of itself. The beer underneath the bourbon is fantastic, a lovely sweet stout with tons of chocolate aroma.

I followed this up with a Westmalle Dubbel. Also delicious but I find the yeast character a bit more muted than the Chimay I had the other day which was really fruity and floral.

It is an amazing beer... I'm off to their "Project Barista" launch at the brewery tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Tonight it is an ESB started back in January. Fairly English hopped and strong ale sort of a brew, really, but a bit darker than most with a full 125g of chocolate malt in 25L.

All pretty much as per the GH book ESB recipe, otherwise.

Re-used yeast from an original batch that was started with a dry English Ale Yeast (Danstar WLP002) with some US 05 added later as it stuck at 1018.

This really is pretty good. Five months on, it is not any better or worse than it was two months ago. Solid, good beer.

Had two of my saisons to free up the 750ml swing top bottles and now starting on these.

Will keep the coffee and cream pale ale. Got three blends of coffee in it. Was told by the Brewer that it is like an espresso in a pint, not to be drunk too late otherwise no sleep.

IMG_4974.jpg

After drinking a couple of cans of something with just a tad more flavour than water (aka Carling) I've decided to try this little beauty. It's got lovely coffee and chocolate tones.
Another good example of a BD beer. I had a few and then settled with this bad boy!
Woof!!
087d7f39b1da26b2e0b05cd10ae16ecc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Starting with the Pre 2010 Punk IPA clone from DIY Dog - not bad, but nothing like the real thing. Then a couple of cans of Hop Fiction, followed by a Belgian Strong Golden Ale mostly based on the Greg Hughes recipe with Hallertauer Mittefruh subbed in for Tettnang (which I couldn't get) and WLP530 subbed in for Wyeast 1762 as I'd harvested it from an earlier brew. The Belgian ale is very, very close to Duvel in all respects, only a bit stronger at close to 9%. Probably the best thing I've brewed yet, and the most dangerous.

I'll just leave this here and say. WOW!
Smashed it. So So fruity.
8879bcdcf8c71fedb49082ec81dc9ff1.jpg
d01de5244c08b6cb0c76b114d03ff8fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back