Where is the PRV

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No PRV but does have a 'burst disc' . . . not that I woudl want to be around when it burst :lol:

Also note that it is a pin lock not ball lack so your black and grey disconnects wouldn't fit ;)

The three I have are slightly different, PRV on one gets if the way a bit.
Don't like the look of 'burst discs' :shock:

Sean_Mc said:
Why not? I have cornies with and without PRV's and some of my PRV fitted cornies have burst discs or otherwise weakened areas of the lid that are made to blow before the keg does. I've never had any problem whacking 80PSI into any of them. I wouldn't really want to be heading up towards 120PSI but at the pressures we home brewers use I have no worries whatsoever. :)

Parva said:
Sean_Mc said:
Why not? I have cornies with and without PRV's and some of my PRV fitted cornies have burst discs or otherwise weakened areas of the lid that are made to blow before the keg does. I've never had any problem whacking 80PSI into any of them. I wouldn't really want to be heading up towards 120PSI but at the pressures we home brewers use I have no worries whatsoever. :)

When do you need to whack 80psi into your beer? :shock:

Parva said:
Sean_Mc said:

Never seem them before Parva, just seems an odd idea.
I'm used to burping my cornies when carbing them and tend to use the PRV quite often when wanting to get the correct psi.

sib67 said:
Parva said:
Sean_Mc said:

When do you need to whack 80psi into your beer? :shock:
When I want to carbonate some council pop quickly. :)

Latest posts

Back