Digital Themometers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisking

Regular.
Reaction score
Thinking of buying one, saw one today in may local HB shop but wondered a £30 is that a good buy. If not where could I get one cheaper.

Depends what sort they are for £30 and £6, I think they are one of those "get what you pay for" items, but beware of being ripped off.

Thats why I put, read the instructions before buying, as Lidl aren't known for quality.
Local HB shops are great and fully support using or losing them, but I don't believe they offer value for money on items like this. My first high street port of call would be Maplins for anything electronic

Sean_Mc said:
Thats why I put, read the instructions before buying, as Lidl aren't known for quality.
Local HB shops are great and fully support using or losing them, but I don't believe they offer value for money on items like this. My first high street port of call would be Maplins for anything electronic

:thumb: 100% back the Maplins (or other) suggestion

Horses for courses

dennisking said:
Just looked at the Lidl one, it`s a meat one don`t look suitable to me.
What have you got to lose for £6, if it isnt any good then just stick it in a joint of beef. I for one will be going to Lidl tomorrow to get one.
P.S thanks for the link Shaun :thumb:

I drive past two on my way to work and think I'll take a punt for £6. It should fall in temp range and bleep when the HLT is ready :D

Dave they're in this Thursday the 18th

Who the f**k is Shaun mac ;)

Using the one bought from Maplin today and i`m a bit confused. Did a test with warm water and an ordinary thermometer and they were the same. When I mashed today the digital keep showing about 2-3 degrees less. :?

Latest posts

Back