Leaking Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didgeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

just a quickie.... kegged my first brew of Wherrys about two weeks ago. Today there is a small drip coming out of the tap. Now I went to every measure to make sure it was clean and working order. It has not leaked up till now. One idea I had was to "try" a half pint to let of a bit of pressure??
Any ideas?

Hi
What sort of a keg is it ???
What sort of a tap is it ???
If its a lever tap & it only an odd drip I would not Wherry ( :mrgreen: )
My lever taps on KK drip sometimes.
If its a screw barrel tap might just be something caught in the tap.
Or you have an excessive pressure in your barrel.
probably would not hurt to your a small jar tho :thumb:

Cheers Ricardo,

It,s a plastic keg with a pressure valve on top and plastic tap. I reckon if you think probably excessive pressure as well then it will not hurt to let of a bit of steam by trying a half. When I look at it you know at the bottom there are four little bumps like feet but the whole bottom of the barrel is sitting on the bottom of the keg as if it,s bloated.
I,m off to have a taste- what an excuse!!
Cheers mate.

If it's a thumb tap on your keg, you will find if you "close" it too much, it becomes slightly open again.

Also, have you lubricated the seals etc?

yeah, made sure I did the whole process as written in the how to use a keg info off this side.

I am probably worrying to much again. It is after all my first born!!

....just let off a half ......lovely job. Lovely head on the beer, taste is pretty good. Needs bit of time though!!

Latest posts

Back