Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keg to what kegs I have empty and pop the remaining lot in swing top bottles.

I get SWMBO to prime the bottles for me. Makes her think she's had a part in creating the lovely beer. Only she knows how much to carb bottles apperntly �

Can't be bothered with individually priming bottles. I find it much easier to batch prime

I have her help me. She knows the drill now and doesn't moan anymore, so she's part of the process thankfully.

Back to the thread.

I find these kegs good plus a few swingtops just because it makes bottling day so much faster and I can't afford a corny setup.

I love homebrew but hate bottling!

Just to let anyone from NI know, I checked Tesco's Knocknagney and Abbeycentre for these kegs an none were in stock (or are ever in stock).

If anyone finds any locally I'd be grateful.

I have seen kegs in Lidl before, I'll check one or 2 of their larger branches. Not sure if their the right type though.
Checked Teach and Lidl in Ballymena today, none here either and hasn't been for a while. Didn't get round sains but I don't recall seeing it there.
Asda Antrim tomorrow and I'll have a good look but again don't recall ever seeing it there.

Excellent!

@wheazy_joe seem they can be reused after all. I looked at the sellers ebay shop and he/she sells 12 for about �£58 too.

(Bet the seller suddenly gets a rush of orders and wonders why as loads of forumites buy up all his/her stock :lol:)

They'd have had even more orders if they posted across the shuck to NI. :doh:

Just order some online from Germany, unless you don't like lager or weissbier.

Can you order beer online from Germany at Lidle? Quite amazed at the difference in price between items from Sainsburies and Lidle. I reckon I can buy the same quality stuff at about 2/3 the price from Lidle if they have what I want.

Can you order beer online from Germany at Lidle? Quite amazed at the difference in price between items from Sainsburies and Lidle. I reckon I can buy the same quality stuff at about 2/3 the price from Lidle if they have what I want.

Not as far as I know, but the website I used was only about £8 per keg with nice lager in it.

Checked Teach and Lidl in Ballymena today, none here either and hasn't been for a while. Didn't get round sains but I don't recall seeing it there.
Asda Antrim tomorrow and I'll have a good look but again don't recall ever seeing it there.

I have definitely seen them instore in Tesco's and Lidl before but they mustn't be a big seller and quite possibly seasonal. I remember buying one a few years ago to try out wish I coul have predicted the future back then :doh:

Is there any of the tap systems that can inject 8gm Bulbs?

I've only seen the Tap-a-Draft system use 8gm bulbs but I like a pint of Guinness and it would be great if I could inject 8gm Nitrogen bulbs. Or does anyone know of a site where I could buy 16gm Nitrogen bulbs to fit the system?

I have a load of 8gm bulbs that I need to use. Would they work?

The only taps I see for these take 16g bulbs. I'd love to know if there's something you could use to convert to 8g bulbs. As I sai I love a creamy pint of Guinness and nitrogen only seems to be in the 8g size.

Back