Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe try your local supermarket. Try £1.50-1.90 for 330ml. Not cheap but hardly earth-shatteringly expensive.

Brewdog likes and dislikes

Like:

Lizard bride
Jackhammer
Mr President
Hardcore IPA
Elvis Juice
Vermont ipa v3
Libertine

Won't be drinking that again....

5am saint
dead pony club

If there's nothing better I'll have one

Punk ipa*
cocoa psycho*

* - these last two were not as good as they once were IMO

I'm immune to the advertising output from brewdog, It's a bit over the top compared to others but I just ignore it. I drink beer not words :grin:
What do you find is the negative with dead pony club? I thought it was over hopped if that is possible,the balance just wasn't right for me, but Elvis juice is a corker

I've been accused of being a brewdog hater which is nuts. I drink it. And every craft beer here in Japan starts at a fiver. **** beer here in Japan is a pound or so.
As for bad beer I'm sure there's lots out there but I think it's a personal taste. Like whiskey. Everyone's taste buds react differently to things. Going back to brewdog, heck if I started a brewery and got that big AWESOME! Power to me. I just heard that some of their marketing things were not thought out well enough. They were just trying to push stuff out.

Brewdog likes and dislikes

Like:

Lizard bride
Jackhammer
Mr President
Hardcore IPA
Elvis Juice
Vermont ipa v3
Libertine

Won't be drinking that again....

5am saint
dead pony club

If there's nothing better I'll have one

Punk ipa*
cocoa psycho*

* - these last two were not as good as they once were IMO

I'm immune to the advertising output from brewdog, It's a bit over the top compared to others but I just ignore it. I drink beer not words :grin:

Shows how peoples tastes are so different.
5AM on tap,to me is a stonking beer,however i tried a taster of Cocoa Psycho,again on tap and wouldn't give it house room!:smile:
Plenty of really decent beers out there that are perhaps a tad more reserved with the hops but are equally as good if not far better.

Your missing paying a fiver for 330ml of beer. That's why I've never tried anything by Brewdog
Now not totally true cause if you have a Tesco nearby you can pickup a 4 pack of Punk IPA for £6.Now who's a savvy shopper!
Never bought it though the 4 pack that is but have tried it but prefer Dead Pony club or even better my own....m

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I've been accused of being a brewdog hater which is nuts. I drink it. And every craft beer here in Japan starts at a fiver. **** beer here in Japan is a pound or so.
As for bad beer I'm sure there's lots out there but I think it's a personal taste. Like whiskey. Everyone's taste buds react differently to things. Going back to brewdog, heck if I started a brewery and got that big AWESOME! Power to me. I just heard that some of their marketing things were not thought out well enough. They were just trying to push stuff out.

I think they've very well thought out, they seem to work very well, they're just irritating.

I was a the bus stop I first noticed their new ad and noticed they have ' Post Modern Classic' on the bottle. WFT is that supposed to mean?

Perhaps something like "even better than Watneys Red Barrel"?

I did have a Brew Dog beer in Lancaster, on a family day out to see the castle, perhaps even this year. It was OK, good at least. Very similar to a Cascade SHA, except a little sweeter and with a slightly lower ABV. Hops much to the fore, as is the style.

Not bad at all, but just so desperately over priced in a bar environment.

As in - "Aaa remember t' days in t' Drovers Arms in Glossop, when t' price of Boddingtons went up ter 40p. Bloody ridiculous."

The bad news is that I actually do remember those days as mere lad in his early twenties. Bodd's bitter was a good session beer at that time ~ 1981?

What do you find is the negative with dead pony club? I thought it was over hopped if that is possible,the balance just wasn't right for me, but Elvis juice is a corker

Compared to their other beers where'd they put the hops? :whistle:

My taste senses have a low threshold so I need the dial to be turned up to 11. Either that or lupulin threshold syndrome.

I like bitter and hoppy. Although even I will admit that sixpoint resin is a little to loud for me.

Equally I enjoy big, dark beers. brewdog/beavertown coffee & cigarettes was very good but I prefer my east vs west, king kong & ris-key business to their cocoa psycho.

I totally get their 5am saint, dpc and p-ipa are a big step up from the conglomerate brewers fayre they are more mass market appeal than mr. president and jackhammer. 10/10 to BD for getting jackhammer into tesco's :-)

cheeky note to myqul - at £2.00 for 330 ml that makes is at £3.57 a pint :-P

too many hops for you methinks, but the jet black heart might surprise you?

Back