Help with the GF chiller attachment please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Apart from using my tiny brain..!!
I've invested in a hose attachment from the plumber today!
Could you help Wish attachment goes onto the blue silicone pipe for the wort chiller?
Here's the pic to help..

Any links I'd be appreciated.
Bri

cat recall how i did it atm Bri will pop up the shed to check this evening but a mug of off the boil water and a pair of long nosed pliers can be used to warm up and open up the narrow diameter of the blue water in hose for the chiller, and if coaxed wide enough it should be able to slip onto the connector to terminate it with a hozelock female connector to simply snap onto the plumbing in the picture..
http://www.hozelock.com/our-product...se-connectors/hose-end-connector-12-5mm-15mm/

if used inside i would opt for premium brand fittings as these will be less likely to leak, if they do leak a couple of wraps on ptfe can be used round the male aspect, but if too much is used the fitting wont 'click' into place securely.

Make up 2 hozelock (hose end) quick connects with a few inches of hose pipe between them, one end will connect to that brass fitting the other will take the black CF hose adaptor that comes with the GF.

https://www.grainfather.com/shop/spare-parts/filter-insert-492.html

The black adaptor in that link connects to standard hozelock fittings, one of those silver nuts will slip over the spigot and screw both to the black adaptor, the spigot goes into the cold CF hose.

Done it!!!
Get in...
After 2nd ettemp coz I forgot the screw cap!!)
Heated with hot water and in the B&D workmate vice...great!!
Nay leaks...yet...
Quick as....

Now I can spent time in one day a starter the day befor or two...but I'll keep the cubes...

Never know!!!
Thank you
Bri

...you don't do stuff by halves that's for sure! Looks a tidy job!

Cheers

Clint

m8....I blame a certain bloke getting me into AG brewing and keeping sane...:whistle:
rhymes with PIL...lol
hows u?

Glad your sorted.. couldnt find the camera last night.. of course i tripped over it this morning..
hi pal
with your advise was easy....well for me anyways..
how the homefront on FIL brewery?
any new gadgets or build?
got a 33L shiny shiny FV lined up...not conical this time..i'll email the crack.

Make up 2 hozelock (hose end) quick connects with a few inches of hose pipe between them, one end will connect to that brass fitting the other will take the black CF hose adaptor that comes with the GF.

https://www.grainfather.com/shop/spare-parts/filter-insert-492.html

The black adaptor in that link connects to standard hozelock fittings, one of those silver nuts will slip over the spigot and screw both to the black adaptor, the spigot goes into the cold CF hose.

thx pal...
found then fittings...but didn't use them as you know...
anyways hows life with you pal?
any new projects on the horizon...?
bri

Since you ask .. its all ispindle this end atm... https://github.com/universam1/iSpindel
33615763252_55a7f79600.jpg

Hi all.
Had to look at my old threads for this one!!!
Once again my bad bad brain didn't want to function.....for the female hose attachment.
As you can see I just put the chiller in the out house collecting dust and cobwebs, until this morning.
After all these brews no chill method thought hhhmmm! could I revive the chiller.
The old days (when I had the glass lid!
lXVh2SD.png

QyiFHEs.png

Off I go spanner in hand.
AY0dYRx.png

cleaned best I can.
ocxaQzP.png

A508dEf.png

V2V8jXp.png

SUgUZjy.png

Works....so far!
2JBeSXB.png

Thinking a new lid & camlock upgrade...hmmm!
The no chill method was good tbh, but for the case of say half an hour in my brew day, chill pictch the yeast get into the ferm fridge and shaves at least a day off hahaha!!!
I'll test it later this week on a Amarillo-Citra Pale Ale.
Once I bottle the Ghost Ship ale mind!!
Once again, thankyou for viewing.
Bri

Back