Ace microbrewing system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicknacknoo

Reaction score
Hi gotta question, forgive me if its stupid, when brewing with the Ace it seems to me that when ive done a little research people are talking about using 14, 15, or 16 Litres for the mash, but wont this make the mash very thin, (i am assuming thats for 5kg of grain.)

when i was ag "normal" brewing with a mash tun id have a thick mash for more maltier beers.

How can i compensate for this, or is it non relevant as the wort is continually recurculated during the mash.

Or is my assumption that people are using 5kg ish of grain wrong

Cheers for any help advice.

Nick

I've been looking at these type of systems and it's working out 3 -3.5 litres per kg....i read somewhere it's because the mash water is recirculated during the waiting time to even out the temp and use the grain bed as a filter.

I've been looking at these type of systems and it's working out 3 -3.5 litres per kg....i read somewhere it's because the mash water is recirculated during the waiting time to even out the temp and use the grain bed as a filter.

ok cool I guess that makes sense,,,, so I'm assuming then if you want sweeter maltier beer as opposed to a dryer more alchy beer you just mash at 68 rather than 62 ish....... or is it the other way round

Back