The Rich get richer ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the incentive to work harder for many that don't have good qualifications or the drive when they can get money in the bank for signing on...

There's a women who used to work at a local school not on many hours who ended up giving up the job as she earnt more doing nout!

There's a lot of it about, these days. They say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Well I've had 36 years of trying to beat 'em and failed miserably so I'm gonna join 'em.

There's a lot of it about, these days. They say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Well I've had 36 years of trying to beat 'em and failed miserably so I'm gonna join 'em.

You've put into the pot, not just put your hand...

Dutto mate they are all the same. They just play divide and rule while laughing all the way to the bank. Plenty of millionaire's in the labour party. Some choice hey, a vampire intent on censorship or a man that thinks Castro was a champion of social justice. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure what points you are trying to make.

If you are suggesting that everyone should vote for the party that has the least millionaires then that has to be a plea to "Vote Labour"; or are you suggesting that anyone who has plenty of money is somehow devoid of compassion?

With regard to Fidel Castro you have to compare him to the dictator that he replaced.

Batista was so corrupt that when he fled Cuba on 1st January 1959 he had already removed from a poverty stricken economy sufficient funds to keep him in luxurious exile in Spain for the fourteen years before he died in 1973.

Under Castro's leadership ...

"Cuba is described as a country with high human development and is ranked
the eighth highest in North America, though 67th in World ranking. It also
ranks highly in some metrics of national performance, including health care
and education, and is the only country in the world to receive WWF's
definition of sustainable development."

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." is a well known adage and Castro had absolute power in Cuba for many years.

However, one should always remember that Castro's revolution initially had the help and support of his own people and that he did in fact introduce many of the progressive elements of society that has resulted in the Cuba described above.

Maybe they were the elements that Mr. Corbyn was referring to; but I doubt very much if the UK media would bother getting their facts straight when they could denigrate someone who opposes them.

:thumb: :thumb:

Reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba

Back