Sonic.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Remember back in the days when you couldn't save so you had to spend weeks learning every stage then finally you cracked it in one sitting which lasted hours.

How things have changed.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTzm8WgtlE[/ame]

Then going on from there, getting a code at the end of a level to note down so you can start from there next time.

I was a SNES boy so didn't play Sonic, only that game with an annoying Italian plumber!

Then going on from there, getting a code at the end of a level to note down so you can start from there next time

I had forgotten about the codes what a blessing they were.

Thinking about it, when we were younger, investing time into these games, spending hours on them.

Now investing time in another hobby involving grains, water, hops and yeast!

Going back further... do you remember the Acorn or Spectrum 48k? Had to use cassettes!
c9a6d05870c7291652f007128319c9b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Going back further... do you remember the Acorn or Spectrum 48k? Had to use cassettes!
c9a6d05870c7291652f007128319c9b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah, the wonders of loading from a Cassette, praying it wouldn't get 95% of the way there and then showing the dreaded "Tape Loading Error" message.

Ah, the wonders of loading from a Cassette, praying it wouldn't get 95% of the way there and then showing the dreaded "Tape Loading Error" message.

:lol:

Yep

REWIND!!!!.. slightly mess about with the volume slider because that always seemed to work and LOAD "" again

Don't forget wiggling the audio cable to the cassette player, 'cause that worked as well.

We didn't have one of either of those BUT we did have a BBC.B:lol::lol::lol:
Same format,b####y tape almost always had to be rewound due to error message:doh:After half a dozen attempts it was f##k it!!!!!

We had a spectrum with a built in tape drive :lol:

Remember when you used to get computer mags with free games on floppy discs taped to the front.

701458596b828a68d2b.jpg

F fffff ffffff floopy discs:doh::lol:
The Mega drive was quite a revelation really after all those c##p computer packages.

Still use my megadrive! Could never get the hang of Sonic but I became a world authority ( in my head ) of the Road Rash series.

Now we are talking, computers from c1981.

My first was a Texas Instruments TI-99/4a as advertised by this respectable gent.

4e568ed3e2599cf7242d3f723f05f747.jpg

Oh the hours spent typing in code from a magazine to get a game, hoping that there wasn't a typo in the print.

Run.

Error at line 560

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhh!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Sinclair ZX81, Speccy 48 and 128. Commodore Vic20, C16 , C64.
Atari 800XL, 520st, Amiga a1200. Been through the lot.
Modern PCs are boring by comparison. They do work though I suppose.

10 PRINT "Hello"
20 GOTO 10

Had a Spectrum +3 when I was about 8. You could store 173k of data on each side of the disk. Imagine how many disks you'd need just for windows now :lol:

Sinclair ZX81, Speccy 48 and 128. Commodore Vic20, C16 , C64.
Atari 800XL, 520st, Amiga a1200. Been through the lot.
Modern PCs are boring by comparison. They do work though I suppose.

Ti994a, Commodore plus4, Commodore C64, Amiga 1200, Super Nintendo, Megadrive, PlayStation, N64, Xbox, Xbox 360.

Along side numerous PCs after discovering you could do music production on the schools Atari ST using Notator, PCs became fun again.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Chap in work collects all those old game stations and computers...got around 300......plus hundreds of games etc! He's got ALL the Star Wars figures and vehicles too!

Back