The Lions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajhutch

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hope this is non controversial enough for a Snug thread....!

What do people think about the starting line up for the first Test this Saturday? Do the Lions have a chance against an incredibly strong New Zealand team?

And most importantly, is 8.35am kick off too early for a beer?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's never too early for a beer.

As for the team I can't believe AWJ has been picked ahead of Itoje and Lawes, both of whom have been outstanding so far. I appreciate that AWJ brings valuable experience but he's far from the player he was. Aside from that I can't really fault the selection - I'm pleased to see Eliot Daly being given a start, as he's been playing so well and is shaping up to be a world class player. Taulupe Faletau would be the first player on my team sheet, brilliant every game. Owen Farrell is the form 10, the front row are immense, Kruis is on great form, the Irish flankers are in good nick, Ben Te'o has really come of age on this tour...

Who've I forgotten? Oh yeah, Williams, Webb, Murray and Watson. No problems with any of the selections there. Can't wait for Saturday morning.

5.30pm kickoff NZ time so it's definitely not too early for a beer!

Your talking about sport my dear boy. Of course it's a controversial topic

Are there any islamic terrorists in the new zealand team? :whistle:

Now,now,now....

****-stirrer-spoon-1.jpg

I can only assume Itoje is knackered after a very long season, otherwise leaving him out is ridiculous. He's been one of the best players in the world over the past year or so.

At least Garland has left his love child Warburton out - he'd only be injured after five minutes anyway.

Hope this is non controversial enough for a Snug thread....!

What do people think about the starting line up for the first Test this Saturday? Do the Lions have a chance against an incredibly strong New Zealand team?

And most importantly, is 8.35am kick off too early for a beer?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I thought you meant the greatest lions ever https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/nintchdbpict000150757583.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

I think it is a good team.. AWJ is a weaker selection IMO but hope he gives it his all.. Itoje will come off and do a good job off the bench.. Lawes could have easily started though, he has been immense..

Good back row and lots of pace in the back 3

I think it is a good team.. AWJ is a weaker selection IMO but hope he gives it his all.. Itoje will come off and do a good job off the bench.. Lawes could have easily started though, he has been immense..

Good back row and lots of pace in the back 3

Yeh I'm with you. I think the lock called up as cover last weekend was because of injury concern around Lawes, which is probably why he isn't in the squad. I suppose Itoje will provide some impact after AWJ has provided the experience.

Latest posts

Back