The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinny71

Reaction score
Hi, all.
Im totally new to this an maybe a little imapient in getting to the end result,
( probably a total undrinkable lager ).
Anyway my fathers day gift this year was a box of hammer of thor, i did tell them its a very nice gesture, however it wasnt a very well thought out idea, as their £20's plus puchase is gonna now cost me a fortune, as i dont do things by half measures, anyway purchased a kit, cleaned it and started the process.
When did beer making get so scientific. Totally baffles me, temps, gravity, an all the other abbrieviations, so if any of you can give me advice on this id be more than grateful.
Thanks in advance 😬

In spite of what some on here would have you believe, homebrewing can be a relatively simple activity. You just need some basic kit, you need to keep your brewing kit clean, fresh and sanitised, you need to follow a few simple rules, and you need some patience since you will not brew acceptable drinkable beer in two weeks as some kit instructions suggest.
If you are starting with kits you might find this useful.
Basic beginners guide to brewing your own beer from a kit - The HomeBrew Forum
There are plenty of kits to choose from, some better than others, and finding which ones suit your beer drinking style will be helped if you read the reviews in here
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61597

Welcome quinny,
As Terry says it needn't be complicated and the kits like Thor are the most straightforward, once you've made a few and know what to expect it gets much easier.
Good luck with it and ask away if you get stuck.

Cheers

Welcome aboard quinny, the Craigtube videos on Youtube on how to brew kits are a great starting place. They got me brewing.

Welcome Quinny - and good luck with Thor. I've never brewed it, but I'm told it's a good one. When you're hooked on brewing - and you will be I'm sure - you'll be brewing pub quality beers (and better) before you know it :thumb:

Latest posts

Back