Any homebrew shops in Cardiff?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its online shopping I`m afraid, we have a few in Notts that I use all the time, it`s not just the products, it`s all the know-how the owners tend to have, a proper gold mine of information. good luck with the search, and if you find one, cherish it as they are a dying breed. :(

It's amazing how few home brew shops there are considering the resurgence in real ale and micro breweries popping up all over the place. I live in London where you can buy almost anything and still I can find only one HBS (fortunately it's 20 min bike ride from me in Brixton) and there core business isn't really selling to home brewers, it's doing Beer making workshops with selling ingredients to home brew like me on the side.

goodolepete, the only thing I can suggest it so contact a couple of local micro breweries and see if they will sell you ingredients. Even if they'll just sell you Marris Otter/Pale malt that's the bulk of your ingredients for AG. Hops can keep for a couple of years in the freezer so just bulk buy to save on postage. If you are a kit brewer I'd just go to Wilko of Tesco clik&collect

Thanks for your replies. I'm visiting my daughter
In Cardiff and like to patronise any HBS when I'm
Visiting places. I like to ask because for example
In Milton Keynes Bargain Booze shops sell HB
Products, and not everyone knows.

If you're after all grain ingredients the Otley brew shop in Cilfynydd sells a decent range of malts and hops. Got some yeast too. It's about 20min- half hour out of Cardiff.

Moved from Cardiff a couple of years ago. Back in the day there was Yeo's in the Wyndham Arcade. That was a great shop, they did really good kits from dried malt extract.

There was a shop in Canton, 451 Cowbridge Road East. Don't know what the shop was called but I know the address because I worked in the building many years ago when it was the DHSS, dunno if it's still there.

edit: found it. Like I say, might be closed.
http://cardiff.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/the-cellars-13016347.html

its my shop actually got most things what you looking for

Ah fair enough.

To be honest I'd like to know somewhere local for bits and pieces, crown caps, yeast and things that are too small to be worth getting online. I find wilko hit and miss with stock and I can never be bothered to order stuff in.

Latest posts

Back