Gin street party tastings,,,,, (Mods NOT DISTILLING!!!)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druncan

Senior Moments
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently went on a trip to Pickerings Gin Edinburgh. I learned they use D/Paid alcohol then triple distil with flavour infusions and dilute with R/O.

My daughter also bought me a Gin Kit. = Buy cheap Vodka, infuse with flavourings for a week at least. Filter and enjoy.

On our Birthday party we did a big Gin tasting with a variety of premium small batch gins and ours.

I made Sandaig Samhain Gin (Juniper, cardamon, allspice and kaffir lime leaves) and a 'pink herring' (Juniper with red peppercorns and citrus peels)

Overwhelming success with 'our' gins and no bad heads the next day.:thumb:

Is DIY better? Certainly not thinking of buying any more posh bottles,,,,

Recently went on a trip to Pickerings Gin Edinburgh. I learned they use D/Paid alcohol then triple distil with flavour infusions and dilute with R/O.

My daughter also bought me a Gin Kit. = Buy cheap Vodka, infuse with flavourings for a week at least. Filter and enjoy.

On our Birthday party we did a big Gin tasting with a variety of premium small batch gins and ours.

I made Sandaig Samhain Gin (Juniper, cardamon, allspice and kaffir lime leaves) and a 'pink herring' (Juniper with red peppercorns and citrus peels)

Overwhelming success with 'our' gins and no bad heads the next day.:thumb:

Is DIY better? Certainly not thinking of buying any more posh bottles,,,,

Distilled Beverages, Commercial Beer & Brewery Discussion.

I estimate the odds of you getting banned lower when you explain more and detailed of what you did. Just for reasons.
:whistle:

Actually you just made a cocktail and have yet to share the recipe of the blend. Because aren't we all interested in the "no bad heads" situation?
I thought so.

We literally used the cheapest Voddy we could find. Which was 1litre Glen's @ Bookers on clearance as out of sell by date (????)

Then added some old spices we had to 10g Juniper berries, three old Kaffir lime leaves, 2g Dried citrus peel, 1g green Caradamon, 1g Allspice and a dash of crushed peppercorns. Left for a week. Trying it again tonight, will report back possibly tomorrow if still breathing,,,

Latest posts

Back