Wilko beer kit temperatures

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Neil72
I just thought all kits would be more or less the same and wilko's was a good deal, but I'm learning that basically you get what you pay for, less money, less quality.
One can kits are cheapish to buy but unless you boost the with hops and extras like steeped grains can be a bit hit or miss. However they do offer more experienced brewers the opportunity to do their own thing e.g. https://uk.diybeer.com/brewing-info/recipes
So called premium kits should contain everything you need and although they are usually more expensive should deliver a better product out of the box. Although not a favourite of mine Wherry is a good kit to try but needs the yeast changing since the kit yeast is unreliable. Festival do a good range and the Youngs American range is also well thought of.
It does beg the question of how Wilko can get there instructions so far out though.
Manufacturer's kit instructions are geared to getting you to believe you can brew drinkable beer in days, rather than weeks or even months. Most of them are the same. To get much better results more experienced brewers usually ignore them and do their own thing, which is a lesson you have taken on board. :thumb:
You don't pay for a Dacia Duster and get a Porsche. I thought ...oh never mind

Back