Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Discussion > I bet this has been asked a 1000 times before...

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 16-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #31
Slid
Forum Friend
THBF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 986 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy1965 View Post
A hop as never seen a freezer in its life, but when we recieve it we have to freeze them???
I think the advice is to put them in the freezer once opened, and in the airless container they came in, resealed to some degree. The whole point being to exclude as much oxygen as possible.

That is my interpretation, anyway.

The last time Shaun at the HBC had a hop clear out, I bought about 17 x 100g of 2015-ish hops, but these are all just in the garage until opening time. As the hops I use are mainly English sort of hops, I have no doubt that they will be fine. I was possibly slightly "merry" at the point of ordering, but such is the under-current of a Forum like this, after all.

There is a lot to be said for ordering stuff for between 1-3 brews at a time, but that is not my preference, as I like to waste time jogging around and contemplating my next beer(s).